1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Scrimmage, Weeks 1, 2 & 3 Results

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by NCBBallFan, Feb 18, 2003.

1. Village Idiot

Village Idiot cloud of dust

Friday Scrimmage 2/21
    Mooresville @ South Iredell 5 inninngs
    Mooresville 22
    S. Iredell 0
    Mooresville: Ballard 2 hr, Ogle 1 hr, Barker 3 hits
    Mooresville pitching: Haire, Sullivan, Ogle
    (Limited info, could have missed somebody)

2. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

Yeah, I believe they play wed, thurs. and now sat. I have no idea who will pitch for MP Sat, but it will be a good'un.

3. smasher39

smasher39 Junior Member

Allen isnt pitching for jv he is just playing 1st. Im not sure if the coach knows hes a pitcher bc i didnt.He hasnt said anything about it.

4. smasher39

smasher39 Junior Member

Re: Hey SouthPawDad

from what it sounds like sophmores stepped it up vs forestview pitching and hitting leading the team.

5. NCBBallFan

NCBBallFan Retired ex-moderator

To Smasher...

Hmmmmmm......Very interesting....... 'cause the only guy on JV that throws harder than Allen is Rosenbaum. He throws strikes too. It may be that he needs his arm to get into shape coming off of basketball season.

6. baseballfan30

baseballfan30 Junior Member

South Caldwell scrimmaged West Lincoln on Friday and only got 3 innings in due to the rain. South looked good in the scrimmage.

South plays host to Hibriten on Tuesday the 25th at 4PM

7. hitman

hitman Full Access Member

To those who wondered whether Wes Williams would make an impact to TC Roberson's program. Well the sophomore transfer from Freedom sure answered those questions early. In TC's scrimmage with East Rutherford, Wes homered to lead off the game and doubled in his next AB. Pay attention. Three more years of Maybin and Williams at TC.

8. cc12501

cc12501 Full Access Member

Christian's going to scrimmage Weddington on Monday at Weddington at 4:30.

9. highntight

highntight North Meck Dad

Allen Pitching

Yes the JV coach at North knows Allen can pitch but has not seen him do so as of yet. I also think they are short at first and have some rule that pitchers can only pitch. I'm not sure I understand that rule unless they have some sort of strong development program for the pitchers. NCBBallFan does the varsity have the same rule or is this just for JV?

10. NCBBallFan

NCBBallFan Retired ex-moderator

highntight

Welcome to North Meck JV Baseball. No - there is no such "rule" - unless the JV Coach wants to put it in. But it is consistent with what he did last year. Pitchers only pitched. If they were good hitters, they could hit for themselves in games, else, they were DH'ed for.

This goes back to the prior Head Coach at North before King. The JV Coach was an assistant for varsity under Gillespie and that was one of his "big things". Also, pitchers, if they did hit, hit 9th back then. For some reason, they believed that if you pitched in H.S., you must be a pitcher in college so why bother to ever let you hit again. A lot of H.S. coaches over the past 20 years have done this, but it weakens the team. A.J. had a post about this very thing when we were talking about hitting styles and methods.

The Varsity & Coach King don't bother with such "rules". Mark McAuley routinely started and hit 3rd in the order. When he wasn't pitching, he played SS. On Varsity, you will have pretty much the best 9 guys on the field.

What this does for JV is to spread out the playing time and give more players opportunities to show their stuff - some people like it, I personally don't - why have some of your best players riding the bench instead of being in the field playing positions.