1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Scrimmage, Weeks 1, 2 & 3 Results

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by NCBBallFan, Feb 18, 2003.

1. NCBBallFan

NCBBallFan Retired ex-moderator

Hey frozerope....

where those scrimmage results or regular season????

2. ajax

ajax Full Access Member

ACHS pulled out a close win against St. Stephens last night 2-1. St. Stephens threw their ace Shane Matthews (who was clocked last night in the low 90's)..Great win for the Cougars and it hopefully will carry them into their next game with some momentum..

3. frozerope

frozerope Junior Member

scrimmages... lots of pitching changes, experimenting.
    weddington opens next week w/ Forestview and Concord Robinson

4. baseballfan30

baseballfan30 Junior Member

Week 1 results

South Caldwell beat Hibriten 4-3 in a tight game. South committed 9 or 10 errors but hung in for a hard fought win. The team is young and will grow as the season goes along.

South doesn't play again till week 3 when they travel to Hibriten on the Tuesday the 4th, then host Wilkes Central on Thursday the 7th, then Friday South travels to West Caldwell.

Results transferred to summary thread

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2003
  5. Mudcat

Mudcat gone

1A Hendersonville defeated what was supposed to be a very strong senior laden 3A East Henderson 15-3. Chris White went 6 innings for Hendersonville to get the win.

results transferred to summary thread

6. SouthLoop

SouthLoop S.Charlotte BB Researcher

Post Thursday, 2/27, Rescheduled Games Here

South Meck vs. Harding - Cancelled
    Rescheduled for Wednesday, 3/5

Schedule updated

7. SouthPawDad

SouthPawDad Full Access Member

Kings Mtn @ Ashbrook rescheduled for 3/8. Next week Ashbrook has three home games. Coming to visit the GreenWave are:

Mt Tabor 5:00 3/5
    Mooresville 4:30 3/7
    Kings Mtn. 12:00 3/8

8. splity

splity Full Access Member

ajax,

i dont know if you went to the ac -saint stephens game but do you know who pitched for alexander and did shane mathews pitch the whole game?

9. allrightnow

allrightnow Free

Is Kestner gonna play for EB this year? I spoke to him one night and he said no.

10. scfan

scfan Full Access Member

Just to clear the air on the new South Caldwell players. None are transfers and none are there by getting post office box addresses. No one can get into SC that way. The school is way overcrowded and will accept no transfers. When you move to here you have to show proof of residence and directions to your home. And you can't move in with a relative who is not your LEAGAL gaurdian and come to school there. One girl from another school wanted to do that this year to play softball and it wasn't allowed. Now the new guys parents may have ove in the district just so their kidds could play baseball at SC but that would be a big step just to paly one year of ball. I do know the Gurreu kids parents moved down on the golf course in Granite Falls in a very expensive neighborhood and I can't see anyone doing that just for baseball. Also he has a sister who is a sophmore going to school at SC now too so it wasn't just him coming here. This is not Charlotte where you can go where ever you want so getting in to SC requires that you LIVE in the district.
    Now I've said enough about that with my predictions I think the conference will come down to Alexander and South Caldwell with East Burke having a shot should either of these two falter. Payne for Alexander is the best pitcher in the conference and will take AC a long way. Ready for some good weather and some baseball, how bout you guys. Good luck to all nw4a teams. Hope one of our teams bring home a state championship this year. It could happen