1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Scrimmages

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by mincmi, Feb 17, 2010.

1. big t

big t Full Access Member

apparantly you don't get out much. Didn't RM lose early last year and they have the same pitchers. Lee is a gamer. I'll take 9 of his kind. You were right in one aspect that Hunt will have more strikouts. But, they know how to manufacture runs and RM has to hit Hunts pitching.

2. hi roller

hi roller Junior Member

Big T -

You're right. Even though it sounded like it I did not mean to make it sound like Lee was not a player. He's good.

And yes RMT had same pitching last year and lost one game against a team that played small ball. That was a great strategy. And almost anyone can win or lose one game.

I'm just saying that while Hunt may have hitters, a good D, and good pitching so does Rocky Mount. Keep in mind that this past summer the Jr. Legion team hit 22 HR's in just 19 games. Many of those boys are starters on the team this year.

Win or lose it won't be because they can't hit Hunt pitching.

3. Bigtime9

Bigtime9 Junior Member

Thanks.. Hunts first game should be a big indication on how hunt and aycock will be as for rm they will be tough to beat but so will a lot of other teams.

4. BaSeBaLlLoVeR11

BaSeBaLlLoVeR11 Full Access Member

Lake Norman 7 South Meck 5

5. aguyyouknow

aguyyouknow Yogi Fan

LN Shortstop

I liked your Shortstop. #6 Edmiston I think is his name. Quick feet and good hands. Got rid of the ball quickly and accurately. I didn't see him really have to air it out from deep short but I liked his approach to the game.

What year is he? It looks to me like he could go on and play at the next level. Is he committed to a college? Tell me about this kid.

6. LKNbaseballfan

LKNbaseballfan Full Access Member

LKN's shortstop is only a sophmore so no college decision made yet...

7. 1down22go

1down22go Full Access Member

Weddington Vs. Charlotte Christian

Weddington and Christian squared off on Sat. Through 7 innings it was tied 3-3. The umpires decided to call it quits after the 7th, but they played on with Christians coaches calling the game. Weddington was able to score in the 8th while holding off Christian. Weddington 4-3. They were able to keep going which was good to get more pitchers some time on the mound. I left after the 8th, so not sure what happened then.

3 home runs in the game:
    Weddington- Boone
    Christian- Litton, and (not sure of his name).

8. Low & Slow

Low & Slow Full Access Member

Ian Edmiston is his name. So very coachable and a complete ballplayer. I often look at players and wonder who will be playing when they are 25 years old, and I always thought that about Ian. He and his twin brother Jack are sophomores at Lake Norman and they will be making some noise through 2012.

9. travisunc

travisunc Full Access Member

East Rowan--WOW

East Rowan 17
    Mt. Tabor 2

East Rowan 18
    North Davidson 1

Not misprints. And yes, that is the North Davidson that is #5 in the 4A Impact Poll.

10. travisunc

travisunc Full Access Member

Did anyone see or know details about the East Rowan-North Davidson scrimmage last week? I know this is a thread for regular season first week, but I know East won 18-1 and find the score hard to believe. Any details from anyone there?