1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Season Outlook

Discussion in 'Softball Forum' started by inthathead, Jan 23, 2005.

1. hispeed

hispeed Full Access Member

i think the run for the ring will be a great one this year with cc having the advantage. my question is will they go back to w charlotte and run up the stolen bases in single game record again. state records are for real accomplishments guys don't ruin it for others please :nono: .

good luck to all the ladies.

2. HSFAN

HSFAN Full Access Member

Should we put a cap on scoring in all sports, Football take a knee after you are ahead by 21, BB give the team that's behind the ball after they are ahead by 20 ,Baseball stop playing after you are ahead by so many runs. Why is softball taking the heat for this, WC shows up and don't get off the bus untill it's time to play(TOO HOT THEY SAID) No warm-ups ,Coach stays on a cell phone call the whole game. Give me a break where do you think most stats like stolen bases,base hits and runs scored come from,even the other sports , no one said anything about Big I in football when they were turning up the records and beating teams by 50-60 points. I say be prepared to play this is not a REC. BALL.

3. ndsb05

ndsb05 Member

Maybe so ,so what would the solution be ??????

4. sports buff

sports buff Full Access Member

So do you think kids in a program like Central will play any less harder. I don't think so because they are competing for a spot on a STATE championship team as well. I agree with the person above WC must care alittle more even if their players are of lesser ability. It's up to others to catch up not for people who work hard to back up. If you are competing for a job in the real world you don't take for granted that someone will just give it to you. Central Cabarrus works hard everyday with coaches , players, and community expecting the most out of everyday. WC should expect more from everyone involved Administration, coaches, and players. It's not a curtesy but a pride thing.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2005
  5. HSFAN

HSFAN Full Access Member

Honestly it would not make any difference when you are playing a team like this. CC players that don't play all the time would be starters on 99% of all other HS. I don't see them holding back much , I know the games referred to could have been a lot worse than they were. Subs started after first inning. So much for this and how did we end up even discussing this. No more post on this from me.

6. CCHSvikefan81

CCHSvikefan81 Full Access Member

Can you tell me when exactly are we supposed to stop stealing bases. Because the first inning was the only inning that any bases were stolen against WC. If thats all you have to complain about get a life!! Are we supposed to just go up there and strike out after the first inning or what?

7. Homer3

Homer3 Full Access Member

CCHSVIKEFAN81:applause:

8. Ilovefastpitch

Ilovefastpitch Lin Wheeler

I have to step in and defend the eastern part of the state. At the 4A level, there are at least three very good teams that can hold their own against the beasts from the west (Central, N. Davidson, and W. Forsyth) These three are Laney (wilmington) South View (fayetteville) and Cape Fear (fayetteville) Don't count these teams out to be battling for the crown in June!!!!!!

9. Homer3

Homer3 Full Access Member

How much did Cape Fear lose to graduation? They had a really good pitcher than mixed her pitches really well and kept the hitters off balance. They gave Central a great game in the championship last year and handled West Forsyth by a run or 2. CF is a very well coached team and they will be tough again. Isn't Southview one of the teams coming to the Forbush scrimmage? There are some really great teams attending. Should be fun.

10. Ilovefastpitch

Ilovefastpitch Lin Wheeler

Cape Fear lost four seniors, all of which are playing in college right now. All three outfiled positions and third base. As it turns out, they all four will be starting as freshman for their respective schools (NC State, Methodist, and Emmanuel College in Georgia) Cape Fear will have some pretty good talent to step into their places. The most important component, the pitcher is back for her senior season. South View is one of the only two teams that beat Cape Fear last year, they did so three times. Central was the other team. CF was 29-5, these lossess to only two teams. SV is going to the scrimmage from what I hear. They return eight starters, they will be very tough to beat. The big sleeper will be Laney. If they can find a catcher, they will have some of the best pitching in the state. They have two of the best in this part of the state.