1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Second Week (#2) Results Here

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by GamecockScout23, Mar 6, 2005.

1. hotcorner04

hotcorner04 Like a sniper

news from the east

New Bern improves to 5-0 with a 4-2 win over Pamlico

2. baseballmom34

baseballmom34 Full Access Member

Forbush 20 - East Surry 12

Forbush 7 - Starmount 0

3. rocket

rocket Full Access Member

What a week for Michael Melton-2hrs and a complete game shutout !
    Couldn't happen to a nicer guy. How did Johnson look ? Pretty good first outing for a freshman pitcher.

I had heard of this kid before the game, and I was impressed once I saw him. It was too cold to get the gun and clock him, but he appeared to be in the high 70's. He was a strike machine, walking one batter and throwing his deuce for strikes all night. He's gonna be a good one, although in fairness to both teams it was a rough night for hitting, with the wind blowing in and so cold.

4. Mudcat

Mudcat gone

West Henderson 15, East Henderson 0

WP Seth Grant, 5 IP 3 hits, 0BB, 10 k's
    LP Blythe Hill, 3.1 IP

For WH: Josh Moore(frosh) 2/3 2 rbi's, Casey Allison(frosh) 2/3 HR and 2 rbi's, Matthew Pruitt(soph) 2/3 2 rbi's, Seth Grant(soph) 2/2.

WH is now 3-1.
    WH JV's also won to move to 2-0.

A beautiful day in the mountains for baseball today.

5. WNCBB

WNCBB Full Access Member

TC Roberson 16, Canadian Thunderbirds 6

Good win today over a talented group of 18-19 year olds from Canada's developmental team. Five Rams homered and SO John Ramsey threw 4 shutout innings in relief to get the win.

SO Justin Jackson 3R HR, SO John Ramseyr 3R HR, JR Mitch Hefner 2R HR, SR Brad Roland 2R HR, SR Wes Williams 2R HR

WP - John Ramsey (1-0)

TCR - (4-0)

Last edited: Mar 13, 2005
  6. al_bundy

al_bundy Full Access Member

Kannapolis 8
    Central Cabarrus 6

This one got really interesting late. Tied 1-1 in the bottom of the 6th, the Vikings got 4 off Wonder starter Garrett Sherrill and reliever Eddie Boger to take a 5-1 lead into the top of the 7th. Then, the Wonders started hitting the ball, and took the on a 3-run double-turned-circus. With men on 1st and second, Jay Hosack belted a long drive to center. The runner at second (I think it was Sherrill) was tagging, while the runner at first was about halfway. When the centerfielder dove and missed the ball, the coach was winding the lead runner home, and the second runner was perhaps 20 feet behind Sherrill, and he thought that Coach Thompson was waving him home as well. Unfortunately, he was hung out to dry between 3rd and home, but fortunately, the throw from home sailed down the left field line, allowing both the runner and Hosack to score, giving the Wonders the lead at 6-5. The bottom of the seventh was almost as crazy. Central scored make it 8-6, but the last out was made by the first baseman tagging a man out at third base because Central had 2 men at third. It was an entertaining afternoon for sure, but luckily the Wonders came away victorious. The Wonders are 2-3 now.

7. coachevans26

coachevans26 Full Access Member

Person takes TWO from Oxford Webb

The bats came to life for Person this afternoon... Much needed wins for Person after the boatload of injuries vs. Wakefield and Cardinal Gibbons earlier in the week.

Game 1: Person 16, Webb 3 (4 Innings)
    Team - 123 4 - R H E
    Webb - 003 0 - 3 4 2
    Person - 304 9 - 16 14 2

WP - Gary Utley JR/RHP (1-0)
    LP - Drew Hicks

Leading Hitters:
    Webb - Seth Bryan (1-2, HR, 2 RBI's), Robbie Powell (1-2, HR, RBI)

Person - Jacob Newton (2-2, 2B, Grand Slam, 3 runs, 5 RBI's), Travis Brooks (3-3, 2-2B, RBI), Chase Abel (3-3, 2 runs, 4 SB's, 2 RBI's, 2 runs), JD Coates (1-2, 2 SB's), Marcus Penick (1-3, 3B, 2 RBI's), Robbie Byrd (1-2, SB), Russell Deaton (1-2, RBI), Blaine Newton (1-3), Aaron Campbell (1-4, RBI)

Game 2: Person 17, Webb 1 (4 Innings)

Team - 123 4 - R H E
    Webb - 101 0 - 1 3 3
    Person - 934 x - 17 14 1

WP - Elliott Tolley SO/LHP (1-0) - 4 IP, 1 run, 0 ER, 3 K's, 2 BB
    LP - JT Matthews

Leading Hitters:
    Webb - Israel Bernard (1-1), John Daniels (1-1), Justin Wilkerson (1-1)

Person - Dustin Reaves (4-4, 2B, 3 runs, 2 RBI's), Chase Abel (2-3, HR, 3 RBI's), Robbie Byrd (2-2, 2B, RBI, run), JD Coates (2-4, 2B, RBI, run), Jacob Newton (1-4, 2B, RBI), Blake Bowes (1-1, 3 runs), Jamelle Nelson (1-3, RBI, run), Cody Jones (1-3, 3 runs)

Records:
    Person - 3-3
    Webb - 0-3

8. Village Idiot

Village Idiot cloud of dust

i feel your pain al, glad you got the win. i've seen some things this year at mooresville too. some of it was baseball and some of it was something similar to the keystone cops. i get so mad :banginghe

9. BleacherBum

BleacherBum Member

Northwest Guilford Invitational

Consolation Game:

Charlotte Christian 16, High Point Andrews 0 (5 Inn)
    WP - Chris Whitley
    LP - Mark Welch

Championship Game:

R.J. Reynolds 4, Northwest Guilford 3
    WP - Torrey Johnson
    LP - Nick Rogers (1-1)

Congrats to R.J. Reynolds on their hard-fought win. Great game to watch!

Last edited: Mar 13, 2005
  10. 12to6

12to6 Full Access Member

charlotte christian 16; high point andrews 0

3B hill and SS bradley both homered today to give the knights the win, oh how i wish we could've seen and rj reynolds vs. charlotte christian matchup, from what i saw they were the 2 best teams in the tournament, NW Guilford can sure hit the ball though, but congrads to rj reynolds on the win