1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Senior Farewells

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Braves, May 15, 2009.

1. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

With the season winding down and many seniors graduating soon, use this thread to recognize a senior that has meant a lot to you.

Alex Wood- most people don't realize how much this young man has been through. For every step forward. it seemed that Alex would encounter another arm issue that prevented him from being 100%. Yet he battled each season, HS, Summer and Fall to compete against the best competition he could play against....and never making excuses or asking for sympathy while he battled through injuries.

Well, this year he conquered his battles and became 100% for the first time...and what a year he is having..on the bump and at the plate. But here is why I like Alex so much. He is the same kid with the same personality now as he was when he was younger. He has never changed.

The past 3 years has quickly flown by and I'm sure going to miss this young man as he moves on to bigger and better things at Georgia. He is certainly a talented baseball player, but he is a classier young man.

Last edited: May 15, 2009
  2. Kevin11

Kevin11 Full Access Member

My two!

Coached some great kids over the last few years during the fall and the last two originals graduate this year.

Caleb King: One of those kids you loved to have. Wasn't a great baseball player but was a great kid who refused to fail. Never needed a glove, just took it off the chest, picked it up and threw it to 1st. Was happy to be there and playing was a bonus. Talented singer who is going to college on a full music scholarship!

Nick Lyons: His mom and dad came to me 6 years ago when I started coaching fall baseball and asked me if I would let him play, even as a 12 year old LL, he was a sub. I gladly took him and Nick came out and every year, he got a little bigger and a little better. Now he is 18, about 6'1 and 230 lbs, with a quick bat and next year he is taking his skills to Southern Utah University to continue his baseball career. Still has alot of work to do, but everything says he will continue to work and be successful. Watching him develop has been a reward!

3. wade dog

wade dog Full Access Member

Anthony "Pookie" Clark - 2nd baseman, Kinston High School

I have said this before, but if i were to ever have a son i would hope he turned out just like pookie. he is one of the most geniune, hard-working, caring, young men i have ever had the privaledge of being around. I am a better person for having had pookie in my life.

4. LKNbaseballfan

LKNbaseballfan Full Access Member

Lake Norman High catcher Joe Faist. This young man has battled numerous arm and shoulder problems causing him to miss most of his soph and junior years, but has battled back to play his senior year and in my opinion is the reason Lake Norman has had such a great year. This young man is a team leader and leads by example not words. I understand he will be attending Purdue University. I know my son has enjoyed playing with this young man and we wish Joe and his family all the best. There is not a better kid or family in baseball.:51:

5. coachevans26

coachevans26 Full Access Member

Person SENIORS....

[​IMG]

I must speak of all 5 because they helped make this one of the most fun teams I have had to coach!!

Trey Davis, Stephen Wright, Marc Davis, Christian Dickens, and Casey Horton - You guys mean alot to me!! I will miss you and you konw it!!

I LOVE YOU GUYS!!

COACH

Last edited: May 19, 2009
  6. jd05

jd05 Full Access Member

Reagan SR

Tom Dobbins...

Cause he is my kid and i will miss watching him play.
    He was a good teammate and player for 4 years.

Off to NCSU. Good luck and Go Pack.

7. observer

observer Full Access Member

Watauga High School

All the seniors (12!) at Watauga High School will be missed greatly - talented, well respected by adults and peers, and some of the finest young men I've ever had the privilege of knowing. Awesome!

8. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

This is it? Nobody else wants to post about a senior player(s) that meant a lot to them this year?

9. DevilsAce

DevilsAce Junior Member

Ian Walters, Mooresville High School

helped me out with basically everything at practice this season and made me a much better pitcher.

10. Dbacks20

Dbacks20 Moderator

Good luck to all the AK and South Meck Seniors.....it's been great following these guys through their High School careers. Special thanks to Alex Wood from AK as he proved "Pitchers really can hit"...:SCA+HL:

The good news is I get to enjoy them a little longer and several of the guys will be playing Legion ball with us this summer. :clapclap::worshippy:

Last edited: May 18, 2009