1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Senior Farewells

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Braves, May 15, 2009.

1. R2D2

R2D2 Junior Member

Rocky Mount Seniors

To the RMSH seniors who will be missed greatly:

Chris Pittman
    Gabe Brown
    Brian Goodwin
    Ben Fish
    Cameron Ramsey
    Dillon Cockrell
    Nick Hahula

This is a group of winners that any school would be proud to have. Some are going to play baseball, some are going to play football but remember to look for all 7 of their names in 5-10 years because you will find winners that have succeeded in life. 2 prime examples: Find Cameron Ramsey and Dillon Cockrell in 5-10 years and tell me what you have: WINNERS!

2. coachsnead

coachsnead Full Access Member

Roanoke Rapids Seniors

Here in Roanoke Rapids, I have had the privilege of coaching these 6 seniors for the last few years. Some of them will move on to play at the next level. Others have plans of becoming teachers and coaches. Their passion for the game will continue to shine in years to come. I will truly miss these guys. They have been great to coach, but more importantly they have been a pleasure to watch mature into fine young men.

Tyler Deloach
    Jaime Hernandez
    Tim Hux
    Eric Pierce
    Brock Smith
    Jacob Spragins

3. catcher10

catcher10 Full Access Member

Butler Seniors

It's hard to believe that the Butler Senior's season has run it's course. I am really at a loss for words, but I will try not to ramble.

Ryan Glass, Ben Berkey, Matt Varnadoe, and Kevin Smith; it has truly been my pleasure to watch you all for the last ten or more years, but especially during high school. I'm glad that you are all playing Legion so that I can see you all a few more games. You guys are all fine ball players, but that is exceeded by the quality of young men you have become. You are such good friends to Tyler and you are always welcome in our home. Best wishes for Happiness and Success in your futures.

My boy Tyler Tewell. Your brother, mother, and I love you very much. You are a fine son who requires little parenting. Thank you for working hard in school, making the right choices in life, and putting great effort in all that you do. You have been a joy to watch and I consider myself lucky to have seen almost every game. God Bless you and your friends and good luck next year!

Dad

Braves - This is one post I will let Tyler read.

4. flounderfisherman

flounderfisherman Member

Mt Tabor Seniors

Congratulations to all the Seniors on Mt Tabor baseball team, good luck Tuesday night against North Davidson..I'm going to leave beach to see you play..great season

5. blacknightbomber1313

blacknightbomber1313 Banned From TBR

Best of luck to star seniors from the east forsyth eagle bombers Stephen Mizzi and Zack Weavil! Both look to continue their college baseball careers as recruited walk-ons at their respective schools! Good luck boys! Carry the east forsyth blue and white with pride :jumprope:

6. Birdhunter

Birdhunter Full Access Member

Kyle Gordon. Prior to shoulder surgery ('08), he was ranked as one of the top five pitchers in the state. After surgery, the colleges ran, such is life. He came back this year at Forest Hills, and had a great season. Will be going to CC and getting on with his life. He is still one of the best.

7. TWARD

TWARD Junior Member

RM and NN Seniors

I have never posted on this board before but I wanted to acknowledge some special seniors from RM and NN that I had the privilege of coaching for a couple of years.

BGood: For all his accolades on the field, he is as good a person off of it. His smile, modesty, and laid back demeanor are true assets. He is a kid with a bright future in this game. If he ever fully understands how good he can be, watch out.

Fish: He is a leader. He is a kid who has worked his butt off to get to where he is and his best days are ahead of him. There will be D1 coaches wishing they could have his recruitment to do over again. I hope my son can be as well rounded as Ben.

Dillon: Very dependable and underrated. He just goes out to the field day in and day out and tries to get better and tries to help his team win. He knows what he wants out of life and how to get it. He will do big things away from baseball.

Cambo: The consumate teammate. This kid loves the game as much as anyone. If he chooses, he will be an excellent coach one day. He always gives you every ounce that he has.....NO MATTER WHAT. You rarely see him without that big ol smile.

Gabe: He gave everything he had to the RM program and to making himself the best player he could be for many years. From his early teens until now, he never stopped working. He willed himself to be good. He is goofy in the best of ways and everybody loves him.

Hahula: One of my all time favorite people. if you can't laugh around Nick, something is wrong. He gave alot to the athletic program at RM and will always be a proud Gryphon. I can't wait to see him kick at NCCU.

CP: Chris has an inner fire that you don't see on the outside. On the outside, he is nothing but smiles. Get him on the football field and he will still be smiling....AFTER he runs you over.

Mike Williams: Intense. Loyal. He loves the game and comes from a baseball family. He has a chance with good coaching to make some noise on the next level with his arm. He can play for me any day of the week.

TJ: Toughest SOB I have ever coached. Give him the ball and a tough opponent and watch the fire in his eyes burn. He is a warrior between the lines but completely opposite away from the field. He is another of those who just makes you laugh. He is also a very underrated defensive 1st baseman.

TC: Listed last because he always seems to be under appreciated. The kid is a winner and that is the highest compliment you can give a player. He does whatever he needs to do to help his team win. He certainly isn't rah-rah but he leads by example. I just wish I could hear him speak once before he graduates.

I salute you 10 kids and wish you the best going forward.

8. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

Thanks for posting coach. We are the one's that benefit when you do.

9. WCLion

WCLion Full Access Member

SW4A Seniors

I'd just like to express my appreciation for all of the seniors in the SW4A. They did themselves, their teams, their conference, and their game proud. The SW4A isn't for the feint of heart and every year expectations run high. As far as I'm concerned, this year's seniors blew those expecations away (and I'm not just talking about wins and losses).

From the legends like Richie Schaffer, Alex Wood, and Tyler Tewell to the lesser known guys this year's seniors played the game the right way. I can't imagine better role models for the younger guys. They may not realize it yet, but the class of 2009 will continue to be the measuring stick, both on and off the field, for a whole generation of underclassmen. Because these Seniors set the bar so darn high, the juniors will push themselves that much harder to try to clear it. And who knows, maybe they'll raise that bar even higher. Then it will be the next class' turn and so on and so on. That's how excellence is maintained. Congratulations and good luck to every last graduating senior from Ardrey Kell, Providence, Myers Park, Butler, Weddington, South Meck, East Meck, and Independence. You did it right.:N1Greatjob02:

10. Shrapnel

Shrapnel Stinky

I'm glad my son, Gorman, is gone. It has been bankrupting me for the last 5-6 years just trying to keep him in cleats, to say nothing of all the stuff he's broke and the cats he's stepped on and seriously hurt or killed. And to be honest, he wasn't all that good a player anyway. You're on your own, kid. Good luck.

btw, here's a picture of little Gorman when he was about 4.

Attached Files: