1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Senior Legion scores week of June 15-21...

Discussion in 'American Legion' started by tj21, Jun 15, 2008.

1. NCyanke

NCyanke Full Access Member

Winston Salem @ TROY (MONTGOMERY)

Winston Salem 19
    Troy (Montgomery) 7

The Winston Salem Fight'n Pumpkins pound out 7 HR's in this game. While Troy knocks out 2 of its own. 9 total for the game.

Sam Rodgeman goes 5 for 5 with 3 HR's and 2 doubles.

WS HR's
    Sam Rodgeman 3, (4), Michael Axe (3), Andrew Parker (1), Zach Fleshman (1), Seth Holderfield (1)

Winston Salem record...7-10 (2-6)conference.

http://www.rjrbaseballbackers.com/WSLegion08.html

2. swalston91unc

swalston91unc Full Access Member

Wilson............... 8
    Kinston.............. 6

After Kinston scored 3 in the top of the 8th to snap a 3-3 tie, Wilson batted around in the bottom and scored 5 to drop Kinston from the ranks of the unbeaten. Wilson improves to 11-2, while Kinston falls to 10-1.

3. west boy

west boy Full Access Member

Rowan County 13
    Eastern Randolph 2 (7 innings)

WP: Ethan Fisher

Rowan racks up another non-league win and improves to 13-4 overall on the season. Rowan jumped on E. Randolph early 3-0, but the hosts came back with two runs. Rowan cruised on the rest of the way. Trey Holmes had four hits on the night with two doubles and two singles. Ethan Fisher started and started a little shaky but settled down after he had a decent lead. Tanner Brown also came in and pitched well for Rowan. Rowan is at Wilkes County Thursday night back in league action.

4. west boy

Mooresville 3
    Mocksville-Davie 0

Mooresville stays unbeaten in Area III Southern Division play. I believe Nick Lomascolo started for the Moors.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2008
  5. Eagles 1313

Eagles 1313 Full Access Member

Slugfest in Clemmons

Kernersville 18
    Western Forsyth 14

WP: Brandon McKinney
    SV: Ryan Dull

HR: K: Robby Swab, Brandon Harrison
    WF: Chris Sanders, Jeff Gonza, Matt Pegram

Kernersville is 14-5 (8-3) and will play at home against Lexington tomorrow at 7pm.

6. tools

tools Full Access Member

Eagles, What I heard it was a slugfest, hate I couldn't be there to meet you.

Western Forsyth at home Friday vs. Surry County 7pm start
    Off Saturday and Home against High Point on Sunday 4pm start

7. travisunc

travisunc Full Access Member

Rowan 11 Wilkes 0 (7 innings)

Rowan right fielder Zach Smith threw out a runner at first base to end the game. He also threw a runner out at second on a force play earlier in the game. Odd.

Matt Hall started for Rowan and threw 6 innings and struck out 11. Cody Laws pitched a perfect 7th.

Rowan 11 13 1
    Wilkes 0 8 4

Rowan hasn't lost when it has had its full compliment of players available. However, I'm not sure they have enough pitching to make a deep run. Mooresville and South Rowan are going to be tough in a series. Rowan hasn't pitched Trey Holmes or Justin Roland so they are relying on younger guys to get them through on the mound. Mocksville isn't releasing two West Rowan players (Zack Simpson, Herman Bautista) who would help Rowan tremendously.

8. west boy

Rowan wins again!

Rowan County 11
    Wilkes County 0 (7 innings)

WP: Matt Hall
    LP: Noah Johnson

Wilkes gives Rowan all they want for most of the game, but Rowan scores 9 runs in the 7th inning to blow the game wide open and end it in 7 innings. Matt Hall had a career night with 11 strikeouts. Johnson was the tough luck loser pitching great most of the night keeping Rowan hitters off balance. Trey Holmes continued his hot hitting with four more hits. Wilkes seems like a much improved team which is a good sign. Rowan improves to 6-4 in Area III South play and 14-4 overall. Rowan is at Stanly County on Friday.

On a side note: Mocksville has finally released pitcher Zack Simpson to Rowan after much begging and pleading I'm sure. They still have not released catcher Hernan Bauteista.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2008
  9. swalston91unc

swalston91unc Full Access Member

Benson................ 14
    Wilson................. 13

Wilson's (11-3) first loss to an Area I West team comes despite two HRs (both by Jacob Davis) among its 17 hits. Back to conference play Friday night at home vs. Ahoskie.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2008
  10. travisunc

travisunc Full Access Member

If Rowan starts using Justin Roland, Trey Holmes, and Zach Simpson in their rotation, this could prove interesting. I heard that Roland may start closing.

Billy Veal
    Trey Holmes
    Zack Simpson
    Kent Basinger
    Cody Laws
    Tanner Brown
    Matt Hall
    Justin Roland
    Parker Gobble
    Ethan Fisher

Not too shabby. It will be interesting to see who they pitch Sat. against Mooresville. I hope they trot out Roland.