1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Shelby/Pineville...Caldwell/Cherryville update

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by smashmouth5, Jul 16, 2005.

1. smashmouth5

smashmouth5 Fly Eagles Fly

I wish I could have given you more, but me, the wife, and the kids were all over town this evening. Glad I was able to get the end of it up here. May try to get out to the ole ball park tomorrow for what I hope is the clinching game.

Don't worry about TO. It's gonna be all right. :woohoo: ...I hope.

2. MOOSE

MOOSE Full Access Member

Caldwell 10
    cherryville 8

great game over 1100 people and game went back and forth the whole way
    wp reid

3. 29ers fan

29ers fan Full Access Member

Great game atmosphere at M.S. Deal Stadium in Granite Falls tonight with the Caldwell and Cherryville game see-sawing back and forth the entire night. Brad Hardee for Caldwell was 3 - 4 at the plate with a pair of 2 run homers. Cherryville's 2nd baseman, Finger hit a 3 run homer in the top of the 7th to put Cherryville on top 8 - 7. Caldwell bounced back in the bottom of the 7th to score 3 runs when Matt Braswell hit a double in the gap of the deepest part of the field driving in 3 RBIs. Cherryville has really played well to this point and been a very tough opponent for Caldwell who up to this point had not been tested in the playoffs. Even if Cherryville is eliminated by Caldwell they will be a tough out on their home field in the State Tournament. No one likes to lose but Caldwell had a 16 game winning streak heading into last night's game in Cherryville and the pressure would have really mounted heading into the State Tournament with such a long winning streak. The loss last night reinforced to the team that at this level in the playoffs anyone can be beat if you don't bring your 'A' game. As was mentioned above the paid attendance tonight was over 1100 people. The jackpot tonight was $934 with $467 going to the winner.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2005
  4. SwampFox94

SwampFox94 Full Access Member

Wow...

what a huge 50/50 pot.

5. smashmouth5

smashmouth5 Fly Eagles Fly

Chump change for a guy like ole Swampy. Get ready for a phone call soon. Got's a football show to do.