1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Showcase Baseball... too many teams???

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by coachevans26, Aug 8, 2007.

1. coachevans26

coachevans26 Full Access Member

Sounds like you have taken a good approach and are in it for the right reasons... (the kids). Your comments are appreciated and I want to give you a warm welcome to TBR!!!

2. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

I'd like to 2nd that welcome. I loved your post. Believe me, TBR is better having added you and BSCoach to the board. Please continue participating...but I must warn you; it can be addictive!

3. One Putt

One Putt Full Access Member

That's a great post 2 seam. Those 3-4 will get noticed if they have not already. And if they want to play showcase ball at a higher level there are many options around here. You're not doing them a disservice at all. Contrary, you are providing them with an opportunity.

My son may be in a situation just like yours. I have no idea how my son will turn out. Sometimes he outperforms many of the top showcase players in his age group and some days he doesn't. He trains like your son and his teammates but only time wil tell if he develops the tools required. Whether he does or doesn't, he's having fun and loves his teammates and being in the dugout with them. Life isn't all about playing D1 baseball.

I share your frustration on the some of the things you mention above but will reserve comment. I sign every post with my real name. I'm not going to post something that i wouldn't want to say to someone to their face first. Fortunately my son gets some good instruction at his HS so his situation is good.

Not everyone plays showcase. In fact they are many who could that don't and a few that do that shouldn't. Keep training and managing those boys. They'll be better for it.