1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Showcase Results

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by hotbox, Jun 6, 2005.

1. 12to6

12to6 Full Access Member

On Deck O's weekend woodbat games

On Deck O's 17's - 4​
    Carolina Cubs - 2​

WP: Bard​

Bard threw 5 shutout innings, the cubs scored 2 in the last inning to make it interesting. the 17's played tremendous defense and manufactured their runs.​

On Deck O's 17's - 3​
    On Deck O's 18's - 7​

WP: Porter​

This was a very tight game threw 5 innings. The 17's took a 1-0 lead in the 1st then the 18's tied it up in the 4th. In the 6th the 18's busted out for 6 runs as the 17's looked to of run out of pitching. the 18's just crushed the ball and got some help from some uncharacteristic errors. the 17's mangaged to get 2 runs in the bottom of the 7th but came up short​

the On Deck O's 17's roster can be found at http://www.ondeckbaseball.net/Index2.htm

2. Spartanfan

Spartanfan Full Access Member

The Charlotte Megastars 18u went 3-0 this past weekend in Charleston winning 19-2 (a 17 run inning) against the SC Spirit 18's, 6-1 over the Collins Park 18's (North Charleston) and 11-3 over the Northview 18's (Atlanta). Winning pitchers were Patrick McNair, Brendan Van Popering and Brandon Harper, respectively. Chris Zachodski had 2 HR's this weekend including a Grand Slam and 6 RBI's against the Spirit, and Danny Herman and Ryan Smith also with HR's. Tough to list all the hits because pretty much everyone on the team hit the ball well this weekend. Don't want to leave anyone out. Sunday's game against the Diamond Devils 18 was washed out as well as all the games.

3. neckball

neckball Full Access Member

Is this the Ryan Smith that graduated in 2004 from Sun Valley?

4. Spartanfan

Yes, it is. Ryan is currently attending Mars Hill College.

5. neckball

neckball Full Access Member

Does it not seem a bit strange for a college player to be playing on a team that will be playing in some showcase-type tournaments this summer? I know that the USSSA tourny is not a showcase event but my idea of a showcase tourny is to help high school players find a place to play after high school. Ryan currently has a place to play.

I'm not trying to bash Ryan, I've known him and his dad since Ryan was about 14. The idea just doesn't seem right to me.

6. hookslide

hookslide Junior Member

Carolina Hurricanes

I noticied in the results that they beat the Megastars and were marked State Champs. Any info on this team?

7. Spartanfan

Neckball,

The Charlotte Megastars 18u are not playing any USSSA tournaments or other Championship type tournaments, just showcases. The Megastar team that played in the USSSA state tournament is really our 17 and under team but because the 18 and Under Nationals are in Florida, they wanted to play and qualify for Florida.

Back to the 18U team. This team is made up of mostly kids who have already signed with a college and need to keep playing games over the summer to get ready for fall. We do have a few players that are currently unsigned or undecided. I don't see anything wrong with that.

P.S. I sent you a PM.

8. northmeckfan

northmeckfan Member

I agree that a college player playing showcase is strange. I thought showcase was for high school players to get the looks for college and graduated players that are still trying to find a place to play. The Hurrucanes have a good team. The Fungo Red Sox 18u beat them on Sunday 2-1 (well played by both sides)but because of an ugly loss on Saturday did not advance because of runs allowed. Plate umpire was horrible for all teams!

9. WMeckBaseball8

WMeckBaseball8 W. Meck Indian (Not Hawk)

does anybody have the Carolina Hurricanes roster for this summer? I played for them last summer, and I'm just curious to know who plays on the team this year.

10. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

For whatever reason, Thomas Eaton hasn't posted his roster.