1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Showcase Results

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by hotbox, Jun 6, 2005.

1. CCSNews

CCSNews Full Access Member

K Fugiama is known in real life as Kurt Fulginiti, a rising senior @ Charlotte Christian School

2. coachevans26

coachevans26 Full Access Member

Alot of good teams were left out as a result of the rain and terrible field conditions. Actually there was vandalisn at Kell HS where someone found the manual switch for the irrigation system and turned it on to soak the field and make it unplayable. All I can say is that when the PG were presented with the facts about our situation, they did the best they could to accomodate us. Without the info of our 3rd game inputted (we beat the EC Patriots 12-2) we were 1-1 with 12 runs allowed in 2 games and Actually we were 2-1 with 14 runs allowed in 3. IN order for us to play in the tournament, they dropped the 48 seed which had allowed 24 runs in 3 games and put us there, so they would not have to reevamp the whole schedule, not an ideal draw, but acceptable under the circumstances, as there were at least 3 teams that had allowed more runs with 2-1 records than us, but that was okay.

We were called at 12:30 am SAt morning and told we weren't in after being told we were in Sat pm... BY 700 SAt I was at EC to find out the situation and get an explanation. If I hadn't asked, we would not have been in, but I know things were hectic with all the rain (20+ inches in a week and a half span. BY 9:30 I was told we were playing at 11:00 and on the way to the complex there was a terrible accident where a traffic was stopped for 30 minutes so a medievac chopper could land and take away an accident victim. We arrived at the field at 10:45, just enough time to throw and play. I was thankful that it worked out as it did although I hated it for the team from Illinois that fould out at 9:30 that they were out.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2005
  3. hitman

hitman Full Access Member

Too many teams

Perfect Game has allowed too many teams to enter these events. Certainly no one can predict the weather, but everyone should expect some amount of weather issues in Atlanta in July. With the number of teams now entered and NO room in the schedule for weather issues, the quality of the PG tournaments in Atlanta has become questionable. PG needs to go back to a maximum number of teams to ensure that the overall event is top notch and allow the tournaments to be completed as anticipated.

4. Squid

Squid Full Access Member

While it was a pain, I think the kids from the Carolinas got what they were really there for. Coaches i heard from were pleased at the exposure from SEC, ACC and other mid-lower D1's in the Carolinas during the first 3-4 games - despite the havoc the weather played on schedules and venues.

5. yankees

yankees Full Access Member

Perfect Game committee congratulations

All things said and done I walked away feeling that the Perfect Game Org. did all it could handling the unusual weather conditions.

You can't compared runs allowed from one pool to the other though as competiton varied from pool to pool.

6. swing4fence

swing4fence Junior Member

FLORIDA BOMBERS win the Championship this AM around 1:30AM over a very good Orlando Scorpion team 12-9. Credit to the Scorpions for coming back and never quitting. In the Semi-finals against Chet Lemon Juice the Orlando team was down 6-0 with 1 out in the last inning before rallying for 7 runs to win 7-6. Against the Bombers they were down 9-1 in the 6th before rallying to within 9-8 going to the 7th. Few notes below:

- Congrats to Drew taylor from Wake Forest-Rolesville who played for the Bombers. He went 2-0 for the week. Pitched 4 inng's in pool play against Top Tier baseball out of Chicago. 4 inn, 1h, 0er, 7K, 1BB in a 8-1 victory. Pitched Semi-final game against Louisanna All-Stars.....won 5-1. 5 inn, 2h, 1er, 5k, 2bb.

- Congrats to future Dirtbag Jason Place out of SC. Jason played CF for the Bombers and will be playing fall ball with the Dirtbags. He is a Machine!!!! In yesterdays 3 games he had 6 hits......2 HR, 3 2b, 1 1b with 8 RBI's.

- Matt Latos from Palm Beach won Pitcher of the week. Matt went 2-0 with 2h, 0 er, 15k's in 8 innings. latos is the #1 ranked prospect for the 06 class. He touched 96 3 times in the Bombers round of 16 game against the Dullin Dodgers. He pitched in the 91-95 range.

- Big thumbs up to the Dirtbags. They were eliminated by the Louisianna All Stars 9-8 in a game the Dirtbags could have won. The All Stars ending up making it to the final 4. I thought they were the best team the Bombers saw all week. After the Dirtbags, the All Stars defeated pre-tournament favorites like the East Cobb Yankees, and then the Knoxville Yard dogs pretty handily. Congrats to the DirtBags.

7. roc0720

roc0720 Full Access Member

The Copperheads 18 had a good showing after drawing a tough bracket. They were defeated by the ABD Bulldogs in pool play but beat a very good Florida Pokers team to advance to the championship bracket. The team was defeated by the San Diego Show which went on the finish 5th. The Show was beat out by the Bombers.

8. Dynasty07

Dynasty07 Full Access Member

On Deck O's @ Winthrop

Game 1
    On Deck O's 17u - 2
    Palmetto SandGnats 18u - 7

The sandgnats scored 6 runs in the 1st inning all with 2 outs and cruised from there.

Game 2
    On Deck O's 17u - 17
    Palmetto SandGnats 18u - 3

The O's really took it to a good sandgnats team today, as everyone in the lineup recorded at least 1 hit.

The O's travel up to western carolina for the catamount classic this weekend.

9. hotbox

hotbox Full Access Member

WWBA 16U Nationals

South Charlotte Panthers 4

OTC Bearcats 0

SCP 4 7 0
    OTC Bearcats 0 0 2

WP: Kyle Greenwalt(5-0)
    Kyle pitches a perfect game in the Panthers first game of the WWBA 16U event versus a solid OTC club. 7K.

LP: Long

LH: SCP; Whit Merrifield 3-4(2B); Josh Salay 2-2(2B); Preston Shuey 1-1(RBI); Chris Kinard 1-1(RBI)

Graham Fronk made ab early inning diving catch in CF to save the NO NO.

The Panthers 24-6-1 play their second pool game Wednesday at 11:30a versus TABC Orange out of Austin, TX.

10. hotbox

hotbox Full Access Member

WWBA 16U Nationals

Carolina Teams first round results

SC Panthers 4
    OTC Bearcats 0

Charlotte Megastars 13
    Indiana Mustangs 8

Dirtbag 16's 15
    Atlanta Bulls 0

Carolina Copperheads 0
    Oakland Oaks 8