1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Showcase Season

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Stretchlon, May 29, 2009.

1. karlrocket

karlrocket Full Access Member

Rain: No Problem!

I hear the "Qrecruit" Event that Stretchy is putting on in September will be played in a domed stadium!:deal2:

(You'd be surprised how much room those old tobacco warehouses have in Nash County):idea3:

2. aguyyouknow

aguyyouknow Yogi Fan

Impact Must Be Doing Something Right?

DIRTBAG TEAM FACTS

DIRTBAGS... Since 2002

Drafted: 75
    1st Round: 4
    Top 5 Rounds: 17
    Top 20 Rounds: 44
    Signed With ACC/SEC: 111
    D-I: 227
    D-II: 19
    D-III: 1
    Junior College: 17

:nopityA:

3. Gman13'sdad

Gman13'sdad Full Access Member

This discussion doesn't totally surprise me seeing as how we are talking about a 15u tournament. Calling 15u teams "showcase" teams is a bit of a stretch. What they should be called is "showcase prep" tournaments.

Sure there are a few players at 15 that have the makings of a next level prospect, but at that age they have barely begun to established their high school academic status and they haven't yet been truly tested by the two most intoxicating aromas a teenage boy has to survive... automobile oil and... well, you know...

Remo, it's a shame your team didn't get to play when you wanted them to. Ya'll decided to leave, and that was your decision, just makes me wonder if there could have been one coach there who may have missed the chance to be impressed by one of your players.

Next time you and your team find yourselves in a similar situation, try this... all the coaches, dads, dad/coaches go somewhere away from the boys and say bad words, cuss AP, or whoever, stomp your feet and gnash your teeth. Get it out of your system. After you've calmed back down go ask the boys if they want to stay and play.... I think we all know what the answer would be. When my son was that age he would have sat through hell fire and hailstones just to get a few innings in on the field.

And, you seem to be very proud of making a fall schedule that avoids the hated Impact events... does that do your ego more good then it does your players chances for exposure?

I do regret that this is your first venture to the TBR "grown-up table". But like in real life if you come up here and bitch and complain you're liable to get spanked!

Come back when your panties get out of a wad... there are many here that love the young players in this state and will do most anything to help them achieve their dreams.

4. HomeRunHomer

HomeRunHomer Full Access Member

Ok, guys enough! Let it all rest.
    I don't think anyone wants to argue that Dbags, Cubs, ODeck, etc. place players in the next level.

geez.AGYK.:sifone:

5. throwheat22

throwheat22 Full Access Member

I just want to say that in a tough economy like this , TBR has once again proven to be a great value ... this is great entertainment, keep it coming !

6. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

:lmao::Woot_Emoticon:..I know, I've been enjoying this myself. It's the slow part of the year and some friendly bantering is always a nice reprieve.

..;.and you can't beat the price!!!!

7. Coach 27

Coach 27 Full Access Member

First of all

if I were upset at someone and I felt I needed to vent I would "vent" by directing my frustration and concerns at the individual I felt was responsible for me feeling the way I was feeling. I would do this by calling that person and if they did not answer I would leave them a voice message. I would go to their website and leave him an email with concerns. If I was not satisfied with the response I got , or I got no response I would simply make sure I did not play in anymore of their events. When asked by others about their events I would give my account of how I was treated if they asked and let them decide for themselves if they wanted to attend. And then I would leave it at that. And when I left the phone message and email I would make sure I left my real name and not my screen name.

Secondly , I would not come on a public forum and make these type of comments about a person especially under an anonymous screen name. If I would not want it done to me I would not do it to someone else.

Thirdly , If I was so ticked off that I felt the need to come on a public forum and make these type of comments and I felt the need to call someone out by name I would be man enough to use my real name and not hide behind a screen name.

And lastly , its very clear the whole point of your post was to slander Andy Partin and Impactbaseball and you wanted to use this site as a vehicle to get your message out for all to see who frequent this site. That is not what this site it about.

Cyberworld where people can man up , talk sh*t , with no fear of having to face those they attack. Man your a stud.

Kenny May

8. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

Ever since TBR was started (back in 2002) some one has always taken a swipe at Andy:

Complaint: He never comes out this way to check out the players
    When he addresses that he get this:
    A. He only has his ID camps to make money

Complaint: Why can't we have a major Showcase Tournament in NC? East Cobb is a joke the way its run
    When he addresses that he gets this:
    A. His teams get the best schedules, the best fields
    B. I want to play in his tournaments, but I can't get in.

I could go on and on, but this situation has happened more than once.

" Braves, Andy Partin Sucks, The dirtbags suck and Impact sucks"
    " Wow, you're not a fan, huh?"
    " I just don't like what he does"
    " Oh, you know him pretty well?"
    " No, but I heard that you do"
    " Yeah, but I like him"
    " Well.....can you call him and see if he wants my son?"

That's paraphrasing, but it is a discusion I have had a couple of times through the years.

There is no way that Andy can return calls or emails. I learned that the hard way. He doesn't have the luxury of being able to answer a call and have a 30-40 minute discussion with someone...and that includes college recruiters. Between parents, players, pro scouts, college recruiters, other coaches and his Impact personnel calling him all day long, it's impossible for him to do that. I used to call or email him and he never would call me back. But I figured out how to get him to respond......text him. He will text you back. Which leaves me with a problem, I need to learn how to text.

9. Gman13'sdad

Gman13'sdad Full Access Member

thumb aerobics... that'll speed up those texts!

If they ever come up with an Olympic sport that just uses thumbs, our kids will kick ass!

10. aguyyouknow

aguyyouknow Yogi Fan

I know Kenny May. He really is a STUD!