1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Slingit

Discussion in 'Softball Forum' started by CFBall, Mar 14, 2007.

1. stickwolf

stickwolf Full Access Member

Hey CF.....Sending you a PM

2. CFBall

CFBall Senior Member

call me, lets save some broadband?? you got my numbers and we're just watch some B Ball

3. jfagala

jfagala Full Access Member

Interesting...

third highest batting avg (so far) on team...but batting 7th? (Go figure).....[/QUOTE]

This is what I don't understand about your comment, with all due respect...

I would be very happy with that situation and here is why....If your daughter is thriving in the 7 hole, why mess with a good thing? Would you be happier if the coach moved her to 3rd but her average and confidence went in the tank?

I am not splitting hairs, but is it not about putting a kid in the most successful and beneficial situation for them personally? What about being best for the team?

I look at the batting lineup as the top 5 as one group and the bottom 4 a second group. Maybe she is a 3rd spot hitter after all, in that second group. Not a bit less important.

One more point...pitchers typically bear down and throw a little harder to 3-4-5 spots than 7-8-9 spots, just a natural reaction on their part.

I may be way off though...

4. ghssoftball

ghssoftball Junior Member

Spot in lineup doesn't really matter, actually probably helps batting avg......but two above and two below are only batting .125 or less.....just seems like a waste to get stranded on base most of the time...

5. slingit

slingit Member

Slingit returns

Hey there CF. Just trying to find ourselves at IL. We are having to overcome
    losing a pitcher and catcher( starters ) for the year. That is hard to overcome at a 1a school where numbers arent great in the first place.
    Alicea is doing great though. Just have to find our groove before playoff time.
    Good Luck to ya. We will be in Lexington this weekend also. Not sure about game times though with weather. Looking more like it is gonna be pushed to a one day tourney.