1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Sneak A Peek Update

Discussion in 'Softball Forum' started by LBlues 1, Feb 10, 2005.

1. LBlues 1

LBlues 1 Full Access Member

:banana: Date is set: May 21, 2005 Where: UNCC Softball Complex

Pitchers and catchers: sign in at 8:30, session begins promptly at 9am, max 12 of each.

Position players: sign in 10am session begins promptly at 10:30 and ends at 1pm. Max. 30 girls, if we have more interest a second session will begin at 2pm to 4:30.

Cost $100 per girl, $85 if five or more girls from same team attend. Only girls serious about pursuing a college softball career should attend. Unsigned 2005 and 2006 girls will be given priority, however 2007 and 2008 girls are welcome.

Pamphlets are being prepared, please send me an e-mail address or snail mail address if U wish to attend so we can send U the inforamtion and sign-up materials. All travel teams and high school coaches, please send me your info so I can get U info to share with your players.

The following coaches are committed provided they are not in the regional playoffs during this event: UNCC, Elon, Maryland, UNC-G, Ga Tech, Va Tech, Belmont Abbey, Queens, Presbyterian, Western Carolina, UNC-CH, Wingate, Mars Hill, Lees McRae, App State, Longwood, St Andrews, UNC-P, Lenior Rhyne, Brevard, we expect that some more will commit as we get closer to the date.

As the girls that attended last year will tell U, this is a great opportunity to be seen and evaluated for 2 1/2 hours in front of some of the top schools in the Carolinas and Virginia. I have invited Fla. State, NC State, Furman and Auburn and am working on South Carolina, Erskine, USCS, Virginia, among other. Get your name in the pot now to attend.

More details and updates will come soon. :xyzthumbs :xyzthumbs

2. LBlues 1

More coaches

UNC-W, Furman, ETSU?, Catawba

3. LBlues 1

Update

We now have an electronic application form and profile form that can be e-mailed to any interested parties for the Sneak A Peek Showcase. Please contact Patti Blanton at [email protected] or 704-542-3071 if U would like to receive this document by e-mail. U may complete and send back to her but U are not officially in until we receive your check. Since we are allowing entry on a first come first in basis, especially for 2005/2006 ladies, we must require the money.

Thanks to all of U that have contacted me already! Wow what a response! The Lady Blues coaching staff have great plans to assist U in showing off your skills to a great line-up of college coaches. :xyzthumbs

4. softballmomcc15

softballmomcc15 Junior Member

is this for all age groups or only girls that are eligibile for scouting?

5. acfan

acfan Full Access Member

Hey Rodney,

Here's a suggestion. I know it would be a long day for your Lady Blues coaches but how about adding a 2 hour session at the end for jr. high and freshman players with an hour or less being dedicated to recruiting info. Alot of parents and coaches could really use that and then a workout that would enhance the players. Be a good money maker since you are already there and charge a little less since college coaches will be gone. :xyzthumbs

6. LBlues 1

SAP

This clinic is just for HS age kids and mainly for recruitable kids. This is the best way to get the serious ball players seen and evaluated in a setting where the coaches can watch for over 2 hours players, hit, run, throw, and field. We are expecting over 20 coaches and if things continue at the present pace as many as 65 young ladies requiring two general sessions as well as the pitching session.

7. smsb2006

smsb2006 Junior Member

Has their been much interest in this years Sneek a Peek. We were waiting but if we need to register now we will. Do you have any updates.

8. LBlues 1

Blues SAP

We have gotten alot of interest frrom pitchers and catchers and position players are starting to respond. If U want a spot and U are a serious softball player, U better get your money in now. We will cut it off at 15 pitchers and catchers. We can probably take 30 or so position players.

Just so U will know, I have sent invititations to ASA Gold and A teams as far away as California and have gotten responses back from two Gold teams requesting information. If U play on a select team, U can not beat the exposure U will receive at this event. Also, sent information to Virginia and South Carolina travel squads. It is 2 months away, better sign up! :woohoo:

9. LBlues 1

Update

We have 35 young ladies already signed up and 27 college coaches committed. College playoffs could interfere with some coaches but we expect a great turnout. I was just in Florence last week at a college 32 team tourney and spread the word. We are filling up pitcher and catcher positions, so if U are either, U better get signed up now! Thanks to this board rocks fans for all the support! It has been great. If any of U can provide me with HS contacts, I would appreciate the assistance. RET

10. LBlues 1

SAP

Two more coaches committed this weekend to attend. We have 10 pitchers and five catchers signed up, we will cut it off at 15 each! Better get your information in now. Travel teams or HS teams that send 5 or more players will pay $85 each instead of the $100. Not much action from the eastern part of the state. :bananalam