1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Sneak A Peek Update

Discussion in 'Softball Forum' started by LBlues 1, Feb 10, 2005.

1. fastpitch5

fastpitch5 Full Access Member

Rodney we just mailed Britt's!!!

2. LBlues 1

LBlues 1 Full Access Member

SAP

40 girls have signed up and paid! We will not count U until we get your application in to confirm U are coming. Don't get worried if U called me and said U were sending the check and form, just make sure U get it in quickly. We now have 13 pitchers and 9 catchers. If U are a pitcher, U better get your info in today. We could use a few more catchers!
    High School and Travel team coaches, please let your players know of this event. It promises to be one of the best opportunities in this area for players to be seen by the colleges coaches. Thanks to all of U that have signed up. Thanks to CC for allowing me to put out some flyers at their tournament this past weekend. :lalala: :lalala:

3. LBlues 1

SAP WOW

Thanks to this Board and to all the teams and great players that have signed up for the Lady Blues Showcase Day! This week we have had a flurry of activities with a couple teams sending 8 or more players. We already have over 15 pitchers, yea I know we will have a second session for pitchers if needed. Last year we had 43 players and did not get all of them till the week before the event. We already have 63 players committed (paid) to the second annual SAP. We appear to be full given a couple calls we got last night. That said, there are always player that cancel for various reasons, we will take your name and let U know if a spot opens. Thanks again to all the friends of the Blues that helped get the word out. We look forward to hopefully helping all these young ladies move closer to their dream of playing college softball. :229031_ha

4. CFBall

CFBall Senior Member

great job again RET! Please contiune to update us on the numbers and we are encouraging all players that are serious about being exposed for their talents......this is the place to be!

5. LBlues 1

SAP

Good to see U, Tony! Thanks for supporting the Abbey. We now have 70 girls paid, 21 pitchers, 16 catchers. It appears a great turnout for coaches. Thanks for sending many of your players and helping get other ones from the west!

Thanks to all players and coaches for your support. We promise U will be satisfied with your experience.
    :bananalam

6. LBlues 1

Last SAP update

75 players, 23 pitchers, 20 catchers in the mix. All profiles in but six, t-shirts going to press this week and profile book by end of this week. At least 34 coaches have expressed that they would be at UNC-Charlotte for our event provided they were not in regional playoffs. I am impressed with the calibre of players and quite frankly we could have gotten a 100 girls but felt it would not allow each player to get enough exposure. We are already working on a little different format for our next event which will open the Showcase for more particpants. Thanks for all the support, we will hopefully get U seen by some of the top coaches in the SE. RET

7. LBlues 1

SAP final update

Hopefully the weather will be good tomorrow. I hope many of U will come out and share some feedback on our the Showcase goes. We want to make it bigger and better every year. My goal is to have the best Showcase Day east of the Mississippi.
    Some coaches attending: Maryland, Longwood, UNC-Charlotte, Elon, Lenior Rhyne, App. State, Queens, Belmont Abbey, USC-Aiken, Erskine, Presbyterian, Gardner-Webb, UNC-P, UNC-W, St Andrews, East Carolina, Wingate, Western Carolina, Furman, there are others that have expressed they will attend but I have no confirmation this week so I can not say for sure. Limestone, Barton, Carson Newman, USCS, Coker, Coastal Carolina, NC State, UNC-G, East Tenn State, Anderson.

8. CoachG

CoachG Junior Member

thanks

My DD and I just got back from UNCC and the Sneak-a-Peek Showcase

I counted the following in the coaches bleachers:

Limestone
    St. Andrews
    Belmont Abbey
    App. State
    UNC-W
    Garner-Webb
    Lenoir Rhyne
    Queens
    Presbyterian College?(maybe)
    UNCC

Did I miss anybody or misread a logo?

I learned today that SB parents and coaches can be quiet. I had to smile as I watched somber tournament coaches and nervous parents wring their hands as they wondered how their pony's would show. People who are usually animated and boisterous at games, sat solemn and reverent so as not to disturb the concentration of the poker faced coaches.

Quite honestly I wasn't sure I was at a softball field at all. I did finally find a concession stand with hot dogs and melted chocolate bars and a few moms standing around talking school, grades, and prom. That felt a little like the usual SB crowd. But the lack of spontaneous cheering and the lack of umpires to nag left the environment void of anything that would lead to the usual SB commentary. In fact the only commentary I heard from the coaches was when one girl barely made it to 1st in less than 4secs. The girl laughed at herself and made a funny cheer gesture. And a coach said, I feel her pain. I always thought I was lucky to make it under 5 secs.

It was different seeing those familiar faces competing on a completely different kind of playing field. Yet not competing. They were supportive and respectful to each other on the field. They looked like kids at a pick-up game in grandma's back yard. They were having fun in the sun. Playing on a beautiful ballfield with nothing but clear skies over their heads.

Good Stuff! Thanks Lady Blues...oh I did get one other reminder that I was as a softball park...now where did I put that sunburn ointment?

9. SOFTBALLRULES

SOFTBALLRULES Junior Member

Western Carolina and Wingate were also there.

10. acfan

acfan Full Access Member

Great job!!!

Great job on the Sneak a Peek Rodney and all the Blues gang! :ylsuper:
    Was very impressed with the mannerisms of the players. Their families ought to be proud of them. Met some really nice parents and talked ball. If anyone didn't get in to this one or hasn't signed up with NSR yet I had a college player say she wished this was available when she was coming up (hint hint)

Funniest thing I heard in the stands was by a mom that wished the girls would respond to them when they are asked to clean their room like they responded to the coaches handling the drills. :satana: