1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

So what were the Highlights for you this HS Season

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Braves, Jun 15, 2011.

1. 4Boards

4Boards Junior Member

As a guy who is just out there as a fan, these were some of my highlights of the year:
    1. A great, well played, hard fought game between neighbors Cuthberstson and Weddington.
    2. The great atmospheres at both AK/Providence games, as well as the Marvin Ridge/Catholic game.
    3. Watching Luke Kwasnik from Porter Ridge's masterpiece in the SCC semi finals vs Weddington.
    4. Most dramatic moment I saw had to be Tyler Chadwick's walk off home run in the 2nd round of the playoffs for Marvin Ridge against Robinson.

2. bulldogbaseball

bulldogbaseball Member

Weddington Baseball - Jordan Newsome

I have thought a lot about this question since I saw the original post. I would say that my favorite memory was seeing the way my son pitched in the playoffs against defending state champs East Rowan. He pitched all nine innings in this game striking out 14. Each time Coach Poole started to make a move out of the dugout he just shook his head, wanting to complete the game. The ninth inning with two out and the bases loaded he struck out the final batter to win the game 2-1. This game was a testament to Jordan's hard work for the last four years at Weddington and the result of a coach instilling confidence in a young man. Fortunately for me, I will get to see some more games as he will be pitching at Wingate University next year. Way to go son. I am so proud of you and the man you have become.

3. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

One of my favorite players to watch! I am so excited to see him continue his success with the Bulldogs. He will be part of a team that has incredible talent and they have dramatically changed their program into an accomplished one. Jordan will fit in nicely down there.

Also fun watching him at Woodstock last year!!!!!!:kid:

4. catcher5dad

catcher5dad Junior Member

I was able to watch my son get a couple of walk off hits this year, including in the first round of the state playoffs. Seeing the smile on his face after emerging from the crush of teammates was priceless.

5. pitchersmom

pitchersmom Member

Education matters

Watching our son and the rest of his senior teammates graduate was one of the greatest moments ever.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2011
  6. Braves

It's a memory that will stay with you forever!!!!!

7. catamount36

catamount36 Full Access Member

There are so many each year. It use to be more about wins and loses. Now it is more about watching players mature.

this year

1. going 21-6 with a team that few gave a chance to be successful always helps.

2. watching ALL 6 seniors move on to college (4 maybe 5 to continue playing)

3. watching one senior in particular work his way up the ranks from a non-starter on jv, to a starter on jv, to a spot player on varsity, to a major contributor and scholarship guy.

4. watching another senior with ALL the potential and expectations, reach his goal but also mature into a great leader, player and person

5. watching several underclassmen step up and become good players and mature into fine young men.

6. see a team jell and play as a group instead of individuals

7. see a senior who has always been successful, hit a rough spot, struggle through it and have a great year

8. sometimes you find your best (favorite) teams when you are not looking or expecting it. this year was on of those years. it was truely a blast to coach this year

Last edited: Jul 6, 2011
  8. Braves

Big Cat---you know I am happy for you. But what I am happiest about is you coming to peace with what is most important...and that is enjoying your players, helping them mature, and watching them grow. It's funny how those things always reflect in wins/losses. Not always in a 21-6 record, but in more wins then expected.

Now I know all of those things were important to you before and I'm not suggesting that you have changed from a Big Cat to a 'lil kitten, but I sensed you have put more weight on issues beyond just hitting and catching a baseball. You are becoming an old and wizened coach. Pretty soon you will catch up and surpass me in age and...well....you've already surpassed me in wisdom.

9. Braves

4Boards- Welcome to TBR! Fans of the game are our best members.

10. Braves

Thanks Mom for keeping things in the right perspective...great post!