1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

So who's the "Top" teams in 3-A this year?

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by bigdog7, Dec 13, 2009.

1. big t

big t Full Access Member

3a

Defense will be solid. They won't make alot of errors. solid up the middle. Top seven hitters hard to get out.

2. karlrocket

karlrocket Full Access Member

From The East: The Usual Suspects!

When the playoffs roll around, I believe you'll see alot of the same programs that you always see:

Northeastern: Currituck
    Waccamaw: West Brunswick
    Coastal: D.H.Conley & South Central
    Big East: Rocky Mount, Northern Nash, Wilson Fike, & Wilson Hunt
    ECC: C.B. Aycock, Eastern Wayne, North Lenoir, South Johnston, Triton, & Southern Wayne
    Carolina: Oxford Webb
    Cape Fear: Southern Lee, & Grays Creek
    Mid-State: Rockingham, Western Alamance, & Williams

Your Eastern Champion will come from this group. Rocky Mount, Aycock, Eastern Wayne have been identified as very strong, but several of these other programs traditionally field very good squads. Northern Nash, for instance, lost Tyler Joyner,but some pitching returns. Wilson Fike returns all their pitching, but lost alot of positional players (hitting). Probadly nobody predicted Oxford Webb to make the final 4 in the east last year. D'H' Conley & West Brunswick will be good: They always are. The entire ECC usually make noise in the playoffs. That should be a good conference race! You've got some conferences changing, teams dropping down from 4A, teams moving up to 4A, etc. Should be an interesting year.

3. big t

big t Full Access Member

3a

it's great to be rated on perfect game.. I've seen alot of average players get rated and not impressed. Alot of kids don't even do showcase or are late bloomers. Alot of time they rate on body type and potential and not talent.

4. just the facts jack

just the facts jack Member

rate the top 3 a teams

who will play in the title game

5. just the facts jack

just the facts jack Member

they also have some godd left hand arms not over powering but know how to pitch. I've seen alot of fast pitching in travel ball and they throw not pitch. Dubosr , Hollowell, staford nad champion will be a big part of their success.

6. SoutherNo1

SoutherNo1 Full Access Member

Isn't there already a thread for this?

7. bigal

bigal Full Access Member

Sorry to ruffle your feathers Big T. Just giving background for my post. There's nothing wrong with quoting an independent known source of talent evaluation as factual support for my opinion.

I have personally seen many of the players listed on the Perfect Game list and IMO most can play and are very good. About half have committed to play in major college programs.

I have also seen many 2011 players that are not on the list that are just as good and will also play at the next level.

8. Falcons15

Falcons15 Full Access Member

East Rowan should be very good this year, they will have many players from the Rowan County Legion team who finished 3rd in the nation this summer, also will have many solid players rising from their JV team.

9. big t

big t Full Access Member

Robert Faucette is a senior. They will be a heavy senior team. They will be a good hitting team 1-9 as well. Their pitching will be good with frederick and Mozingo as their horses. The only question will be their defense. Should be a good team on paper.

10. big t

big t Full Access Member

YES, YOUR RIGHT WITH THE FACTUAL DATA BY PERFECT GAME THAT SUPPORTS YOUR POINT. I SAID, THAT SOME KIDS GET OVERLOOKED THAT DON'T PLAY SHOWCASE AND/OR LATE BLOOMERS. I'VE SEEN SOME KIDS BE GOOD IN HIGH SCHOOL AND THE NEXT LEVEL NOT SO GOOD AND VISE VERSA. IF THEIR RATED ON PERFECT GAME JUST KEEP WORKING HARD AND CONGRATS TO THOSE KIDS. ALOT OF TIMES PERFECT GAME EVALUATES BY BODY TYPE. WHAT'S YOUR POTENTIAL AND THEY GET IT WRONG SOME TIMES. I'VE SEEN ALOT OF KIDS THAT ARE BELOW 5 FOOOT 9 INCHES THAT ARE GOOD AND WOULDN'T EVEN GET MENTIONED BY PERFECT GAME. MY POINT IS THAT ALOT OF KIDS ARE JUST AS GOOD BUT JUST DON'T GET MENTIONED