1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Softball Playoff Format Change?

Discussion in 'Softball Forum' started by 1stBaseCoach, Jan 3, 2011.

1. bugsdad

bugsdad Full Access Member

I must apologize, comparing Walnut Creek to a cow pasture is an insult to dairy farmers everywhere.A cow pasture would be a step up.E.Rowan baseball and softball both made it to the final 4.The baseball team played in a first rate facility,a minor league ballpark if I'm not mistaken.The softball team played in a rundown facility with fields that should have been repaired years ago.Walnut Creek at one time was one of the best complexes in the state now the parks and recreation should be ashamed of themselves for letting it get in the shape it's in.The NCHSAA has definitely shown what it thinks of this states female athletes compared to males.

2. justsoftball

justsoftball Full Access Member

Tired of East/West stuff

Tell you what, we move the NCHSAA states to west portion of the state, and we move ALL the ASA Cardinal Showcases over to the EAST side of the coast. As I see it, those of us living to the EAST of the center of the state are taking a much bigger hit - gas wise, hotel wise, etc - to travel to multiple events in Rock Hill (not to mention Columbia), than anyone from the West side of the state is to travel to one weekend worth of NCHSAA state championships in Raleigh.

It would seem likely that since Raleigh is not only the state capital but the largest city closest to the central portion of the state, that this is the reason the NCHSAA state championships are held there.

As for field, bugsdad is right, Walnut Creek has seen its better days and hopefully those in charge will wake up and smell the coffee and do something about it. But I would take Walnut Creek over Hargett Park any day of the week, month or year.

3. bugsdad

bugsdad Full Access Member

When I'm wrong I will admit it.Heard from a reliable source today that Walnut Creek finally figured it out.They have brought in dirt to level the infields and cut down the lip between the in field and outfield.If this is true kudos to the parks and rec people.Never had a problem with location just the condition of the fields for something as important as the State championship.Hope they brought it back to the complex it was when my DD first started playing TB.