1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Softball Superstitions

Discussion in 'Softball Forum' started by softballmom35, Jun 5, 2007.

1. softballmom35

softballmom35 softball diva

I have noticed a lot of softball players have routine things they do or DO NOT do in a game and tend to be a bit superstitious. For example, my dd won't let anyone use a new bat she has gotten before she hits with it. She thinks it's bad luck. She also taps the plate three times and draws a line in the dirt when she steps up to hit. Anyone else have a superstitious kid???

2. Softball Guru

Softball Guru Banned From TBR

I Think It's A Routine, Rather Than Superstition !!

My daughter will swing the bat across the plate a few times to get her rhythm before the pitcher throws the ball...it helps with her timing !!!

:yes:

3. erms

erms Full Access Member

My daughter is nuts about when balls come in between innings nobody touches them until they roll inside the dugout.

4. SoftballCatcher04

SoftballCatcher04 Full Access Member

This Might Be Weird

I have always dug my back foot into the batters box and I leave my front foot out look back at my coach one more time then put my front foot into the box...Have always done it no idea why...

5. softballjunkie

softballjunkie Full Access Member

It's funny

My daughter has to swing her bat 4 times between pitches, I don't know if it is superstion or getting ready, also my son played on a D1 school that the players wouldn't allow a pitcher touch any of the bats because it was said that a pitcher would "zap" all of the hits out of it. The thought is that Baseball/softball players are the most superstitious athletes in the world.

6. EastOfRaleigh

EastOfRaleigh Full Access Member

on yea

I noticed a HS team this year that the 3rd baseman always picked up the game ball when going out on defense and tossed it to the pitcher, not letting the pitcher pick it up herself off the ground.

I think girls softball players do a lot of "cute-sy" things. Noticed players with the weird little hand gestures for # of outs and always meeting at the pitchers circle w/ hand slaps between innings and between outs when nobody on base. One team I saw when there was nobody on base after an out the OF's all came exactly to the edge of the grass at the infield, made some cute gesture with their hands, then returned to their normal position. Like a ritual?

keeping it fun and light I guess.

7. softballmom35

softballmom35 softball diva

I saw a girl at the Mighty Casey this past saturday and she would would fasten and unfasten the velcro on her gloves three times each before stepping up to bat. I asked her after the game why she did that and she said it was for luck. It made me pay closer attention and I saw a lot of strange things that were done during the game. It's neat to pick up on them.

8. Softball Guru

My Buddy's DD

My buddy's DD use to rock back and forth in the box to get her rhythm--then she would crush the ball.....:24:

9. Crazecoach

Crazecoach For HIS Glory...

My DD makes sure the handles of the bats aren't crossed inside the dugout

She also swings her bat 3 times HARD between pitches...so hard that her shoulder is red and has seen it's share of bruising before because of it...Not so sure why she does that....

quick story...we have a HEAVY slowpitch loaded steel bat that she uses to hit with sometimes, and a couple of weeks ago, she was swinging THAT bat the way she does her Rocketech. She's done it thousands of times, but this time, she missed her shoulder and hit herself in the back of the head!

I wasn't home, it was my wife who was soft tossing to her, and she said that she blacked out for a minute....and of course, she seen stars and had one heck of a headache. The Dr said she would be alright, and she just has a hard head....I tend to agree with that one!

Needless to say, she no longer uses the steel bat..

10. Softball Guru

That Is GOOD !!

My DD's hitting instructor last year made the comment that if he could get his boys to finish like the girls in swinging the bat they would be phenomenal hitters.:banghead:..he said boys just don't finish like girls in their swings.:gorgeous:..GURU