1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

something that has always perplexed me...

Discussion in 'Softball Forum' started by bothsportsdad, Jul 26, 2009.

1. central-d

central-d Full Access Member

I would say it is because in general girls are more mature than guys. what good does it do to beat the ground , throw dirt or bash a watercooler? I'd much rather see them be over it by the time they get up off the ground and be ready to make the next play

2. softballphreak

softballphreak Full Access Member

Come to think of it, you see it in MLB, also. First one that comes to mind is Manny Ramirez!

I'm beginning to think there is no standard that anyone is being held to. Overall, I'm guessing it all depends on what coaches accept. If it was left solely to the players I think you would see a pretty even mix. Different personalities have varied reactions. Just as in communicating effectively, you have to know the individual.

3. stiksdad

stiksdad Full Access Member

Quite simple this is Candera I believe; "Girls have to feel good to play good, boys have to play good to feel good". I have coached both genders and believe me it can be difficult to deal with at times. But I have found more truth in that simple statment then I have in many things I've learned over the years.

4. slapyasilly

slapyasilly Softball dadda

Absolutely!!!1

5. tctcoach

tctcoach Member

I have coached girls for close to 20 years and i have always said close to the same thing. Way I look at it is; ''Boys have to win to be happy". "Girls have to be happy to win".