1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

South Rowan Legion's Coach steps down

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by rcbbfan, Jan 22, 2006.

1. rcbbfan

rcbbfan Full Access Member

2. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

Great story...I hate to lose another great baseball man

3. Intimidator Coach

Intimidator Coach Premium Member

if i'm not mistaken ..
    Coach Chris Anderson " Belmont Abbey " didnt lose a game when he was the coach during Coach Wilsons absence last year.
    That would be a good coach to hire as head coach , if he is able to swing it ...

4. 9nine9

9nine9 Full Access Member

I'm sorry to hear that, but I think Coach Wilson has been contemplating that for a while. It's tough for those 40 hour a week guys - believe me. I always enjoyed coaching against South when I was at Lexington. We always wanted to beat the snot out of each other, but before and after the games it was always a pleasure to chat with Coach Wilson and Anderson. He's a good guy and a good baseball man - the Area will miss him.

5. tj21

tj21 Moderator

Coach Wilson was truly one of the top legion coaches in this area,,,, always having South Rowan ready to play and always doing the fundamentals so well. Just like others have already stated, as good a baseball coach as he was, he was even a greater person to speak with after the ballgame.

As one of his opponents here in Kannapolis, I truly wish him the best in his future,,,, but trust me, someone near his home in Indian Trail will be very wise to get Coach Wilson back into coaching sometime very soon. This guy's a winner.

Best wishes coach.

6. Braves

I dunno if he can still swing it...heck, I don't believe he can run anymore, but I agree 100% with IC...Chris would be a great coach and would make the transition very smooth. I don't know if Coach Anderson would want to do that, but if he did...wow, S. Rowan would be mighty lucky!!!!

I'd love to see S Rowan play Gaston Legion if that's the case. In fact, I might even pay to see that...whoah...I got a little carried away there.

7. tj21

tj21 Moderator

I think IntimidatorCoach needs to throw his name in the hat for the South job...:satana:

8. andro

andro Full Access Member

Actually...

Actually, Braves they did last year. That was one of the games that Anderson was the head coach too. Amazingly the assistant knocked off the head man 5-1.

Wilson did a superb job. He deserves all of the thanks he can get. I tip of the hat to all of the people that made that thing work over the last 6 years.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2006
  9. Braves

See...I told y'all Coach Anderson can coach. Of course, I bet that Coach Smith was a little difficult to be around after that game :D Any smack talk after the game?

10. andro

andro Full Access Member

No

A lot of jabbing in the ribs, but no smack talking. I will say that I hope the person that they hire has appreciation for what it took to get the ball rolling down there. There is some talent coming out consistently in that program now, and hopefully the guy that they hire will do a good job.

Want to, but can't do it guys. Take mine out of the hat. Too much travel, time, and not enough money. Thanks for the recognition though.