1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

SouthEast Regionals

Discussion in 'American Legion' started by tj21, Jul 30, 2009.

1. CP16

CP16 Full Access Member

Final: Sumter 9-7 over Alabama. Rowan vs Sumter in the first game tomm. winner to play Alab. for the title.

2. tj21

tj21 Moderator

Brackets updated on page 1 of thread.

Go Rowan!!!

3. karlrocket

karlrocket Full Access Member

Rematch!

Any chance this will be a 1-0 game this time around?
    How is the pitching looking now for Rowan?

4. Boxman

Boxman Full Access Member

Rowan pitching couldn't be any better...they have their 2 best pitchers ready with plenty of rest...Shive and Veal

5. tj21

tj21 Moderator

I would definitely say Corbin Shive will get Sumter again,,, actually Rowan's pitching has held out tremendous, with Buchanan throwing a 2-hitter on the 3rd day, and Smith throwing a 3-hitter today (both shutouts). The only reason they've went to the bullpen the last 2 days was just to get guys some work.

I'm sure Sumter's ace threw against Rowan in Game 1 also,,, more than anything I can only imagine that Sumter HOME CROWD will be very vocal tomorrow as their home team has made it to the final day. If Rowan thought they were going into enemy territory on opening night, I'm pretty sure it will be turned up a few notches tomorrow.

Sumter has come all the way back thru the loser's bracket and they've got a very strong program,,, the good news is that Rowan's bats has appeared to have awaken judging by the last 2 scores. Rowan has a team BA around .360 and they've already set a team record in HR's, and all those hitters have a bit of confidence after the last 2 days. Should be just a great game in an absolute great environment for baseball.

Tuscaloosa is the ones sitting pretty because they can stay in the cool, while Rowan/Sumter duke it out at 4:00 in upper 90 temperatures. Advantage Tuscaloosa against either opponent in the nightcap.

6. tj21

tj21 Moderator

Just remembered, Sumter's ace in Game 1 (Justin Montgomery, a 16 yr.old lefty) vs. Rowan, the announcers were just raving about how awesome he was. HOWEVER, the kid was cruising and had sat down 10 straight Rowan hitters when he was lifted around the 7th inning on a strict pitch count by his doctor. Don't know what his status is,,, if he's recovering from some sort of injury, ole Doc may not let him pitch tomorrow.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2009
  7. west boy

west boy Full Access Member

The Rowan bats have come alive to the past two days. The crowd will be in favor of Sumter, but Rowan has a lot of supporters down here and a more coming tomorrow, so it's not like there won't be anybody there for Rowan. Should be a great game anyways. Corbin Shive should get the start for Rowan. I've heard different things about the Montgomery kid, going and not going. So who knows? Rowan's pitching is sitting nice right now, cause we've started back to the top of the rotation and none of the Rowan pitchers have been overpitched. Place should be packed tomorrow afternoon, hard to believe Rowan is two wins away from going to Fargo! It's been an unbelievable ride this year and I'm going to be proud of the boys no matter what happens Monday.

LET'S GO ROWAN!!!!!!!!

8. JM15

JM15 Moderator

Good luck Rowan

9. tj21

tj21 Moderator

Last edited: Aug 10, 2009
  10. will's#1fan

will's#1fan Junior Member

Good Luck! Wish I could be there to cheer you on!