1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Southern Carolina Conference

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by wideout6, Apr 15, 2013.

1. 4Boards

4Boards Junior Member

In the 6 years that I have lived in this area and gone to many HS Baseball games in the Union County/South Meck area, this has to be one of the most anticipated games that I can remember. I usually see a couple games a year between these 2 teams but I have traveled a little more than usual this year. Glad to be in town for this one.

2. 1down22go

1down22go Full Access Member

A well played game by both teams.

Landon Kay with the win for Weddington. Weddington wins 2-1 over MR. Schellhorn came in in relief for 5 outs. With two on in the bottom of the 7th for MR, Sean Collins comes in for the save.

After quality wins over Mt. Pleasant, Catholic, and now MR, Weddington is looking like a strong contender to get back to the State Championship. One and done is over. Now pitching will really be key to win 2 out of 3 over 3 days.

3. 4Boards

4Boards Junior Member

Big crowd, as expected. Tight ball game, as expected. Weddington just was able to scratch out one more run.

With Weddington now in the 2 out of 3's and pitching being more important, is Bostic going to pitch at all ?

4. 1down22go

Weddington has done well on the mound without Bostic pitching. It hasn't been the pitching that has been the reason of the higher number of losses this year. While it is not debatable that any team would be better with him pitching, I'm not sure they must have to have him on the mound to win. He is a leader. He will be involved in any game plan. My sense is that if ""W" can post some runs and get a win with out him, they will do so. If not, I would not be surprised to see him on the bump.

Kay pitched great against Marvin Ridge Tues. I don't look for him Fri, but possibly in relief Sat? Who knows.

I look to see Collins throw and Schellhorn to get some limited relief time. Islam will also see a lot of time. Smetek, will also see some innings.

I look forward to some good baseball this weekend. It will be fun to see how it shakes out.
    Hickory tomorrow night. At Weddington Sat at 2:00:lurk5:

5. 1down22go

Weddington going back to State Finals!!

After getting beat on Thursday night in Hickory, Weddington had its work cut out for them. In the 2nd game, Weddington got down 0-6, before battling back to win. Tonight, Weddington completed the come back winning the 3rd game 8-5. Weddington got the lead early and never gave it up again. With a number of returning players, from last years Championship squad, they return looking for Back to Back titles!!

I was not at the game, so I do not have the stats, only the final.

Joining Weddington in the finals is another Union County team. Piedmont is playing in the 2A division finals.

Next year with the realignment, the SCC could be the toughest baseball conference around. With the realignment, the conference will have:
    Weddington, Piedmont, Marvin Ridge, Cuthbertson, Sun Valley, and Anson County. A team could finish 4th and be a real good baseball team.