1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Southern Stars (Savannah)

Discussion in 'Softball Forum' started by ballmom, Jun 27, 2011.

1. ballmom

ballmom Junior Member

I want to hear your opinions. The choice words I have for it are unacceptable on this board......

2. starz coach

starz coach Full Access Member

Not Impressed

Was not impressed with college coaches turnout or field conditions,had ump make comment they were not calling leaving early because it was showcase ball,not sure i understand that,how are the catchers getting a fair shake if girl is leaving before pitchers arm at 12 oclock?:50:

3. Dukedog4

Dukedog4 Full Access Member

Fair shake?

If you're talking about college coaches assessing the catcher they'll be smart enough to realize this. Most use a stopwatch anyway.

While leaving early should be called it will not impact any knowledgeable coach's assessment of the catcher's ability.

4. treck

treck Softball is my life

Comments

I welcome all e-mails to me concerning any and all concerns about the Southern Star Softball Showcase. My e-mail address is [email protected] . If you have concerns that you wish to express, please do so in an e-mail to me.

I sent out an e-mail to EVERY team last week asking for input and I got back about 27 responses out of the 62 teams. Out of the 27 responses, 1 coach said he did not like his games times and thought it hindered his team from being seen because he was playing at the wrong times and seemed like there were always coaches at all the other games, but not his. The other 26 were positive about the event and 22 requested entry into the November event.

Every exposure event is going to be different for every person and every team. I have been doing this long enough to know that. Good, bad or indifferent, I offer you the opportunity to let me know what you thought via an e-mail to me. I will look at those things in which I can control and if there is anything we can do to improve it, we will. We want this to be a great experience for every player and every team, but understand that 100% satisfaction is probably impossible. However, it is what we strive for.

Thanks for attending, I look forward to reading your e-mail and hearing what you have to say, and good luck the rest of the summer.

Thanks,
    Ty