1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Spartanburg Methodist College Hitting Camp

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by SMC BASEBALL, Nov 15, 2011.

1. SMC BASEBALL

SMC BASEBALL Junior Member

CAMP DATES and TIMES
    December 3rd and 4th
    Session 1: 8 am – 12:30 pm
    Session 2: 1:30 pm – 6:00 pm
    Ages 13-18
    Cost $150

To make this camp informative and beneficial to the player we have limited each session to 48 players. We have put together a high level staff which includes college head coaches, MLB scouts, and former and current professional players. To secure your spot in this camp please submit your application early. The link below will send you to the application page which is on the SMC website.
    http://www.gosmcpioneers.com/sports/bsb/SMC_Hitting_camp_(2011).pdf

Staff
    Campers will be coached and instructed by
    Tim Wallace (SMC Head Coach)
    Jonathan Ratledge (Hitting Coach-SMC)
    Jeremy Joye (Assistant Coach-SMC)
    Bubba Dorman (Head Coach-USC Salkehatchie)
    Chris Kemp (Scout-Texas Rangers)
    Monte Lee (Head Coach-College of Charleston)
    Travis Witherspoon (current LA Angels minor leaguer)
    Doug Angeli (former Philadelphia Phillies player)
    Other College/Pro players

2. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

Great staff attending, but the one that really caught my eye is JRatt (Jonathan Ratledge.) For those in Charlotte that never got to see JRatt hit...well, let's just say he was one of the best. You've heard the phrase "a man playing with boys"..that was Jonathan.

I can't say I taught him how to hit, but I can say I taught him how to fish. But I didn't teach him everything about it!!!!!!:trophy:

On a serious note, for those interested in the JUCO route (a perfect road to travel for many) you can't get much better than Spartanburg Methodist.

3. Post15fan

Post15fan Full Access Member

Travis "superman" Witherspoon ....nice!

Spoon is yet another very special player from Sumter. Although a really good hitter, his footspeed and defensive ability to layout earned him the nickname. Maybe he will share what spring training with Torii Hunter is like. He is another legion player who blossomed under Wally Jones and continues to improve. There is a good message for young players willing to put in the work.