1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

SPC News, Predictions and Discussion

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by weyco2000, Dec 15, 2010.

1. bigal

bigal Full Access Member

South Rowan at Mount Pleasant...turn the damn lights on lets go!

2. athenry22

athenry22 Full Access Member

Myers Park at Cox Mill ......... what a beautiful day for baseball !!!!!

3. weyco2000

weyco2000 Full Access Member

Kannapolis plays 2 today, Weddington and W.A. Hough, but not looking forward to that hour drive!

4. jd2350

jd2350 Full Access Member

NW, Parkwood, East Meck Scrimmage

Great day for baseball even if it was a scrimmage. NW played East Meck in the first game winning 12-1. Got really production with the bats and pitching.
    Parkwood beat EM in the second game, not sure of the final score. NW beat Parkwood in the finaly, again getting strong efforts from pitchers and at the plate. Next Saturday, NW travels to W-S Glenn for scrimmage with Glenn and one of the Forsyth schools.

5. Coach Knight

Coach Knight Full Access Member

Central goes to East Meck on Thursday and hosts Myers Park on Saturday next week. Tough opponents for the Vikings but we all need get ready for a tough year in the SPC.

6. weyco2000

Weddington just took us to the "woodshed" today, (although we were without Dylan May and another hopeful prospect (illness) and a few others still playing basketball and wrestling.) I think the final was 20-1...thankfully their coach showed mercy by holding runners. Weddington will be a force this year, their pitching is talented and deep, fundamentally sound on defense and hitters from top to bottom.

Our second game was against W.A. Hough and although we lost that game (not sure of score) our underclassmen finally relaxed and played better. I usually have a better summary for our games, but scrimmage games can be brutal to watch, when you have 5 umpires on the field along with players you don't know and a pitching change after every 4th batter, it's easy to lose focus. Not to mention having to meet new parents, which turned out to be the highlight of the afternoon. But on a serious note...I was impressed with how well Hough played, they are well coached and could surprise some teams.

Next week another road trip to Union Co. for another doubleheader, against Sun Valley and Indian Land (Union Co. is loaded with talent, it's gotta be in the water) but unfortunately I will be with my son in Boone, as he interviews for a scholarship at ASU, so good luck Wonders and SPC and most importantly Justin as he goes up to bat for 1 of the 15 Chancellor's Scholarships awarded, I'm thinking homerun!

7. athenry22

athenry22 Full Access Member

Cox Mill 14 Myers Park 7

What a difference a year can make. Cox Mill 14 Myers Park 7 . Myers Park got out to a 5-0 lead after 2 & 1/2 but Cox Mill dominated the rest of the way. Solid, if not spectular, performance by the entire Charger team. Excellent depth.

8. weyco2000

Good news!:drunk:

9. weyco2000

It's really hard to judge these games, I just look individual performances in these games...who stands out? I know one thing, at 3:30 on a Sat. if you are coming north on 485, take HWY 29 or 49 and avoid 85 S! Bumper to bumper to at Concord Mills exit.

10. justadad

justadad Full Access Member

4 of MP varsity starters were not there because of basketball. 6 jv players were added all players played atleast 3 innings.....it was a scrimage in true form for MP