1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Stanly Post 76

Discussion in 'American Legion' started by WESTSIDE COACH, Nov 9, 2008.

1. AColtFan4Life

AColtFan4Life Junior Member

I have a son who has played for both Coach Little and Coach Small and if parents would truly look at it - there is no comparison to the two - both were doing what they love. But, they do not compare at all. Small does not play the daddy ball and if you were a parent sitting in the stands with me - the player who gets it the hardest out there is his step son and to see that all you have to do is ask the players. I personally think you should leave players out of this kind of talk all together. That young man works hard and is a good kid - as are many others. As far as the Legion Job - Coach Small does a lot for all the kids on and off the field, hes tough and gives a great deal of time to the game. Other names mentioned have been South Stanly's Coach and Stanly Community College's Jeff Lamb. I am sure a decision will be made soon and hope many kids come out to participate.
    Coach David Lee returning to West is a a true blessing! He demands respect, discipline and a hard working attitude - its a whole new ballgame at West Stanly this year !

2. tj21

tj21 Moderator

Guys, as moderator I am held to keep this legion message board as clean as possible. Just to let you know, I have edited 2 posts back on page 1, specifically by removing the 2 names and a relative that were mentioned, because the calling out of specific individuals in a negative manner is not what TBR is about.

TBR is all about promoting the "positive", specifically promoting players. I understand sometimes folk disagree and/or things get controversial even sometimes heated,,,, but we still try to respect everyone involved when making our comments.

Please in the future, if you care to continue with this conversation with any negative comments, just leave out the names. We must always remember that a lot of folk read these boards. Sincerely hope you understand. Thank you.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2008
  3. SOL-yacker

SOL-yacker Junior Member

Speculation over

The coach will be named very sooooon. Here's a hint. He last name is not Small or Little or Lee and he brings a wealth of knowledge to the program.

4. WESTSIDE COACH

WESTSIDE COACH Junior Member

Good, we hope it Hayes or Lamb so you will get off the bucket about it. You need to read the above 2 post.:basket:

5. SOL-yacker

SOL-yacker Junior Member

Yep

I never said anything negative about the kid...he is a good kid period.
    What I said was about the coach someone referred to as being a "good " coach. I dissagree with that statement. :cool3:

The 2 you mentioned did not get it either.

6. AColtFan4Life

You seem very pleased must be your pick then. Is it you? Or just your pick?

7. WESTSIDE COACH

WESTSIDE COACH Junior Member

Just because you were not pleased with coach .... does not mean he is not a good coach to other people as stated above by coltfanforlife Yes then are you the new coach? or who are you??? Are you from South Stanly

Last edited: Nov 27, 2008
  8. DCL26

DCL26 Full Access Member

Legion Coach

Really, I do not care who it is as long as he is qualified. This pissing contest that is going on is just plain stupid. We wonder why kids act the way they do. Any job will have some politics in it, that is life.
    I will say this about playing time and coaching. It is the coaches decision to go with who and what he feels comfortable with. It should be the players decision to make that coach's decision difficult based upon his effort and execution in practice and games. Basically a player can pout and complain that they are not getting any playing time or work their butt off and get on the field. There should be no entitlement when it comes to playing time. Playing time should be earned not given.

9. SOL-yacker

SOL-yacker Junior Member

Agree

I agree DCL26. Nope I am from West stanly (Locust to be exact).

10. AColtFan4Life

Yep - agree DCL26 - anyone working hard earns the right to play or advance and the teams will better for it. But, SOL - you agreeed and that pleases me, but please do one thing if you are a COLT - help support all our athletics - kids/players and yes at time all the coaches. They may not always appear perfect from the stands - but time is given and I was shocked to learn you were from WSHS and so displeased with our programs.