1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

State Games results

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by 12to6, Jun 17, 2005.

1. 12to6

12to6 Full Access Member

anyone have any results/summaries on any of the games so far? who looks good out there?

2. BB9er

BB9er Full Access Member

check link

State Game Results

they were there yesterday...don't know what happened today unless being updated....check back later tonight for link.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2005
  3. gbacks21

gbacks21 Gbacks21

Region 6

So much for REGION 6 Supremacy at the Underclassman State Games. Three straight losses, 5-6, 1-7 and 2-3, have them battling tomorrow for 7th/8th place at Cary Academy. The pitching has been so-so, the hitting all but non-existent, and the fielding porous.

Ryan Morris has been the offensive highlight for the team.. Rhino has gone 4-5 w a walk. He has about half the team hits in the 3 games so far. Shane Small, Timmy King and Robby Bray have pitched well. The team has been victim to the longball.

Ryan and Timmy are scheduled to pitch tomorrow as the boys hope to return to Charlotte with atleast one win.

:umno:

4. The "O"

The "O" Full Access Member

Who dominates year in...

year out for the most part throughout the entire history of the games?! REGION FIVE

5. rjr4dad

rjr4dad Full Access Member

In the Senior State Games, the West team beat the East team all three games. They played two games Wednesday and one game on Thursday night.

Region 5 has made it to the Championship (Gold) game Sunday in the Junior Games. I'm not sure who they will play.

If you'd like to see some pictures from the State Games, click on these links:

1. Wed: East vs. West
    Link starts here => http://www.photoworks.com/share/shareLanding.jsp?shareCode=A1C6292BCB7&cb=PW <== Link ends here

2. Thu: Region 5 vs Region 1
    Link starts here => http://www.photoworks.com/share/shareLanding.jsp?shareCode=AE9AA52BCB5&cb=PW <== Link ends here

3. Thu: East vs. West
    Link starts here => http://www.photoworks.com/share/shareLanding.jsp?shareCode=A826D52BCB7&cb=PW <== Link ends here

Last edited: Jun 18, 2005
  6. rjr4dad

rjr4dad Full Access Member

Here's the Rosters for the Senior and Junior teams:

Attached Files:

7. Coach May

Coach May Full Access Member

State Games

I went to the region 3 vs region 5 game tonight at NCSU. Neither team played very much defense tonight. There were several errors and some misjudged fly balls in the outfield. Region 5 won the game I think it was 7-3 if my memory is correct. Two guys stood out to me Addison Johnson in CF can flat out play and he sure got out of the box when he hit it. The other was Braswell the catcher form Northern Nash. I had him at 1.94 pop game time when he hosed a kid at second base by about five feet. The pitching was very average for state games standards most of the guys were 80-85. Region 5 was the more talented team 1-9 and they had the better pitching thats for sure. Most coaches I talked to tonight said that for the most part the pitching this year is down velocity wise and the quality depth is just not there. Region 5 is in the Gold Medal game tomorrow.

8. WesternPost522

WesternPost522 Junior Member

State Games

It really is fun to watch Addison play, he is a true natural. I wish him the best of luck @ Clemson.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2005
  9. AtlWood

AtlWood Full Access Member

Maybe they didn't get the right mix of guys on that team. When guys who are great athletes but have marginal, if any interest in playing after HS are on the team, it gives a clue that maybe this mix wasn't right.

This is not a crack at individuals, but it is a shot at the selection process and ability of the leadership to put a team that's gonna win on the field. You gotta have chemistry and you gotta have fire to compete and win at that level.

10. Coach May

Coach May Full Access Member

Showcase vs Winning

The problem is players are selected not teams. The purpose of the State Games is to "try" to select the best possible players in order to showcase them. The goal is not to select the best possible team. In order to select the best possible team you would need more than two tryouts. You would need to keep some players that do not project as high at the next level than some other kids. What sometimes happens is you end up with alot of kids that bring the same things to the table and you dont have those intangible players that bring just winning to the table. Having the most talent does not mean you have the best "team". Region 6 has proved this once again for all of us. We can debate all day what the state games are for or should be for. Getting the best possible teams from each region or selecting the best players from each region. Right now there can be no doubt it is about trying to get the most talented players from each region to the best of your ability within the current guidelines. Untill its about assembling the best possible team you will see what you have seen this year. Very talented players being beaten by better teams. Im not saying that the state games should be about putting the best team out there or the best players. Illl let you guys debate that. Im just giving my opinion on why Region 6 is 0-3.