1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

State Games Scores

Discussion in 'Softball Forum' started by Shutt24, Jun 20, 2011.

1. rhughes18

rhughes18 umpire

try this website triadsportscoverage.com

2. Chuteboxhero

Chuteboxhero Junior Member

Scores still not updated on their website. I guess the people running the state games have about as much interest as everyone else.lol

3. softballphreak

softballphreak Full Access Member

I'm guessing there was no news coverage, either.

That's one of the problems with softball in all areas—Rec, HS and TB. We have no PR people. There was an article in the news this week about Lacrosse bringing in 60 teams to the area and how that was a big deal for the local economy. That happens maybe once a year, if that. Softball does that about 2 or 3 times a month. But no one gives Press Releases to the news media I guess.

Soccer has all kinds of coverage. Heck, they even publish their practices sometimes.

And then we wonder why there's less interest in softball.

4. FP SUPER

FP SUPER Full Access Member

Here is another link that covered the games:

http://www.wxii12.com/high-school-playbook/28332229/detail.html

5. softballphreak

6. softballphreak

How were the Games this year? I couldn't make it. It looks like they went back to the original format like they had in Greensboro. That seems better than running all over the place to those little fields like by the pond.

I heard the facilities this year were really nice. Did they have the professional announcers like they had in Greensboro? And functioning scoreboards?

7. rhughes18

rhughes18 umpire

There were some good games and there were a few blowouts, but for the most part they were fun to watch. FCD has a very nice softball facility. It has stadium seating that accommodates 200+ behind the backstop, and ample room down the lines for spectators. The announcers were state games administrators and they did a good job on Mon. and Thurs. Those were the only 2 days I was there. The scoreboard was functional, but Mon. night the runs and innings were indicated, but not the count and outs. Thurs. the scoreboard kept up with the count and outs.

I was surprised that nobody went yard. It was 210 in the corners and 225 to center. Therr were a few one hoppers and I believe one that hit the fence on the fly.

All in all I think everything went very well.