1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

State games

Discussion in 'Softball Forum' started by Hurdle1, Apr 22, 2015.

1. Hurdle1

Hurdle1 Member

Like to get opinions on girls plying on the State games teams. Is it worth doing?

2. erms

erms Full Access Member

Ahhhhh
    No comment
    If you can't say anything good....
    Well you get the picture.

3. cheeze105

cheeze105 Moderator Staff Member

I think the original intent, original idea was great, but.......its turned into something else all together....

4. Hurdle1

Hurdle1 Member

Is it not worth doing? Do the coaches pick their players?

5. Pop Rivers

Pop Rivers NCSCA

Just as suggestion!

Why don't you ask one of the 150 young ladies who participated in it last year. They may have a better idea than someone on a message board who was not at the games. I know that the games were played and the medals for Bronze, Silver, and Gold were handed to the winners in the underclassmen tournament and Silver and Gold for the Seniors. Ask someone who knows.

6. Hurdle1

Hurdle1 Member

Games

Thanks for the suggestion. Do college coaches come to the games? I know you have been around softball a long time and would know about the games.

7. kped

kped Full Access Member

My daughter played last year. She had a great experience playing with girls from her region. She will be trying out this year also. As for college coaches we saw Charlotte because we played there. If you are looking for exposure to college coaches it's probably not what you are looking for.

8. Pop Rivers

Pop Rivers NCSCA

Give it a try!

Two years ago 12 college coaches signed in with the NCSCA. I am not sure about the number last year. It is not a big time showcase tournament with coaches from everywhere in attendance. But I think you would be surprised at some of the programs that do come and check out the players. It is always a good idea to email a particular school and tell them you are going to be at the State Games. The Head Coach may come or send one of the assistants to take a look. I think one of the most exciting aspects of playing in the State Games is getting to play with young ladies in your region that you compete against every year. It is amazing to see and hear about the friendships that are made at the State Games. It is also great to see young ladies from the 8 regions competing against each other. All of them want to get those bragging rights as to which region plays the best softball. It is what it is as Coach Fox used to say. I don't think you will regret the experience!

9. Hurdle1

Hurdle1 Member

Sounds good

10. crowe10

crowe10 Full Access Member

My oldest daughter played three years and had great experiences every time playing for Pop and Coach Allran.