1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

State Playoff Probables

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by NCBBallFan, May 5, 2003.

1. Wufman

Wufman Full Access Member

NCBBALLFAN, about your comments on Hickory,,,, yep!

And Southpawdad, thanks for your clarification and comments. Can you tell me more about East Lincoln, I just haven't heard much about them. Who have they beaten or who would you compare them with? They have a nice overall record, if 14-5 is correct. Thanks.

Last edited: May 5, 2003
  2. NCBBallFan

NCBBallFan Retired ex-moderator

obtw: Guys, It's REALLY good to be back .....

Got to see some of the Region 8 tryouts for the Jr. State Games .... some guys looked very good to me, but obviously, I don't have a vote (nor do I deserve one). But that's another thread..........

3. Wufman

Wufman Full Access Member

Its good to have you back with all your comments and baseball discussion,,,, especially since ALL THIS DA** RAIN is postponing all the games!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

4. NCBBallFan

WILD SPECULATION !!!!!

IF any of my 4A projections end up being "on target", we have some great first round match-ups pending.

Some of the ones that can be predicted (30% certainty)

West Forsyth is in the #2 spot by percentage points. The Orange team and Riverside are pretty interchangable with near identical conference records, but right now, it looks like:

Hillsborough-Orange vs West Forsyth

North Forsyth is pretty certain to grab the #1 spot in the Metro 6 and South Meck will have to do some serious climbing to get out of a head-head matchup with about the best 1-2 pitching punch in the western part of the state.

North Forsyth vs South Meck

Riverside is a tough/tough team. East relies on Jr. Ryan Basham who has shown great grit and determination this season. It will be a barn-burner. There are no easy games left for anyone.

Riverside vs East Forsyth

These are two QUALITY teams and it could just as easily be South Caldwell vs Myers Park in this spot, but I'm going with SC vs EM.

South Caldwell vs East Meck

Central is a lock for this game. Providence may move a spot or two, BUT, this is probably the easiest game to project.

Central Cabarrus vs Providence

I really want to see this pitching matchup. AC has some great arms, and Cruse is reaching form. This should be a great game. But AC has been slipping this week and this game belongs to whoever can win the conference tournament. Right now, AC and McDowell are tied in conf record. If the winner of the Conference tournament in the Meca 8 is anyone other than Central Cabarrus, they will get this game.

Alexander Central/McDowell vs Hopewell

IF South Rowan can hang on in the CPC to a tenuous #1 spot over West Forsyth, they have a decent matchup against the #3 team in the PAC 6. Jordan or N. Nash could come out of there very easily, but I like Person to move up past those two teams to grab the #3 spot.

South Rowan vs Jordan

IWith the Woodard/Wilson duo on the bump, the MP team will have a ton on pressure on them in this game, but should be favored heavily. They will probably face the team that backs into the 3rd spot in the Meca 8 (Independence or North Meck)

Independence/North Meck vs Myers Park

Last edited: May 9, 2003
  5. SouthPawDad

SouthPawDad Full Access Member

Wuf,

East Lincoln is a quality team. I predicted in the preseason that East Lincoln and South Point should be considered as the Big South favorites. They returned a ton of seniors led by twins, Michael and David Rue, both pitchers/outfielders.

EL has beaten both East Gaston and South Point. EL lost both conference games to Ashbrook. Unless I'm mistaken, EL won two of the three games they played in the Jack Sink tournament. A quality team overall.

6. NCBBallFan

Potential 1st Round 3A games in the West

IF any of my predictions hold form, there are some GREAT first round games out there. Everyone would like to avoid Tuscola, Ragsdale, West Rowan, Northwest Cabarrus and Ashbrook in a first round game.....

Ashbrook appears to have their hands FULL with a potential matchup with TC Roberson. West Rowan isn't going to get any favors with a possible matchup with East Randolph. Peidmont may jump Weddington in the standings and get Trinity versus getting NW Cabarrus in round #1.

Ain't we got fun !!!!!

SPC #1: Weddington vs Tri-County #3: Trinity
    NPC #1: West Rowan vs Tri-County #2: East Randolph

SPC #2: Piedmont vs NPC #2: Northwest Cabarrus
    Tri-County #1: Ragsdale vs NPC #3: AL Brown/Mooresville

SWF#1: St Stephens vs MAC #3: Franklin
    BS #1: Ashbrook vs MAC #2: TC Roberson

SWF#2: Hickory vs BS #2: East Gaston/East Lincoln
    MAC #1: Tuscola vs SWF#3: Kings Mountain/RS Central

Last edited: May 9, 2003
  7. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

:applause: ..NC is back...great thread old man!!

Obviously a lot of speculation, but I bet many of your scenarios will come to pass.

I still believe Tuscola is stronger than Ragsdale, but because of my buddy Wossa, I'm pulling for those guys.

I saw 4 Juniors from West Rowan at the Jr State games..was I impressed...Ryan Wilson is going to be one of the best in the State as a catcher. Patrick Adams is a Ryan Marion clone..and Seth Waller was dropping bombs with each hit. These guys alone were worth the price of admission...oh, yeah. it was free...well, it was worth the 14 hour practice to watch them.

Jay McConnell and Wes McCall also stood out at the tryouts.

8. NCBBallFan

Braves, you don't have to stress the fact that I'm older than you in EVERY post ......

The Jr State Games tryouts definately deserves a new thread.

9. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

...I didn't realize that I was doing that...but rather than continuing to point out the obvious.....How about ol' man...cheerio..spot of tea...my dear friend

10. NCBBallFan

I'm going to be sorry I even mentioned ages for the next 6 months..........:D :D