1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

STATE PLAYOFF TIMES AND RESULTS

Discussion in 'Softball Forum' started by Dawgfan, May 14, 2004.

1. hanger4

hanger4 Full Access Member

Heres a link to the Owen East Rutherford game; East Rutherford 2 Owen 1
    I sent this and the TBR links to Mr. Messer to give him a heads up. Reckon it'll do any good :huh:

2. goducks

goducks Full Access Member

East Rutherford vs Owen

I wasn't surprised at all that the AC times didn't cover this game or even announce it. Welcome to the world of 2A! :xyzwave:

East Rutherford 2 (0 earned)
    Owen 1

Owen scored in the first and came out strong defensively (the best I've seen all year with this group). After talking smack about Owens' pitcher not being any good (they printed that in the paper; not AC-T of course)I think they were a little humbled...with some help! East Rutherford was scorless until the 4th when the all too familiar errors cost them 2 runs. In the final inning Shelby English singled to put a runner on; the next batter was given the hit sign and after fouling a couple off struck out; the next batter was sacrifice bunted with English reaching 2nd; the final batter for owen hit a short pop fly that was caught by the 2nd baseman...game over!

3. CFBall

CFBall Senior Member

we may need to Move this thread to a ACT Thread.........that would do some good and prolly appreciated by them.. :laugh1:

Last edited: May 19, 2004
  4. hanger4

You may be asking for trouble CF :rofl: but I'm game.
    You could name it "In Loving Memory"

5. CFBall

CFBall Senior Member

you know me.............not a trouble-maker

we had a Media Thread earlier in the season but i have been unable to find it.........perhaps tonite though :laugh1:

6. hawks08

hawks08 Full Access Member

Playoff teams, day,time & location?

Can anyone post all the WNC playoff teams, day, times and locations? I've been looking all over these posts and have only found one absolute game time and one maybe... :thinking:

Ashe @ Pisgah on Thursday at 5pm.

St Stephens @ Enka on Thursday ...maybe at 6:30... ?

How about all the other area teams, locations and times? Lets go folks...that is what this thread is about. We sure can't rely on the ACT so we are relying on each other.

And if you could ... since we won't see much in the paper except for maybe a few games... it would be great if you could give some details about the games beyond the pitching and hitting stats. Tell us about the game. Lets take advantage of what CFBall supplies for us. Lets use the threads for 1A, 2A, 3A and 4A threads to keep us all informed.
    Thanks so much. :xyzthumbs

7. hanger4

This link will get you pretty close hawks08 next best thing is to know someone close to a team. Most of the games are Friday, some moved for proms and such I guess.

8. CometFan

CometFan Moderator

Central Cabarrus 7
    AC Reynolds 5

9. hawks08

hawks08 Full Access Member

I know someone close and they are here...

Thanks Hanger. I knew about that link and yes it helps but it doesn't give the details of game day and time, so I was hoping that our connections on TBR who are part of or close to the teams would fill us in. They are already here. :xyzthumbs
    Anyway.... Pisgah is at 5 tomorrow and Enka is at 6:30. Maybe I'll see you at one or both. Can't wait. Go Bears and Jets!

10. Dawgfan

Dawgfan Full Access Member

Butler over South Caldwell

Butler beat South Caldwell by a score of 1-0 tonight. to advance to the next round of the state playoffs
    Our bats were not as hot as we had hoped, the girls hit some shots but they were all right at someone. Our run was scored on a single by Ashton Ward and a sac bunt by JoJo Ward that moved Ashton all the way to third where a bad throw by S. Caldwells second baseman to third scored Ashton.
    Mallory Eggleson pitched a two hitter with 13 (I think) strikeouts.
    With Centrals win over AC its Butler vs CC at Butler. No date yet but we are trying for Friday at 7pm. I will post it on here as soon as I know.