1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

State Playoffs 4A

Discussion in 'Softball Forum' started by CFBall, May 19, 2004.

1. EnkaJet04

EnkaJet04 Full Access Member

I will have to side with you Fence. I saw a Reynolds team that had the first inning jitters. They settled down over the next 3 innings only to get sloppy again in the fifth. Did CC's aggressive baserunning contribute to the errors. I think so but I also feel that Reynolds' inexperience played the biggest part. They showed their character though in the 7th inning when they would not quit. Most people on the Reynolds side just wanted them to put a run on the board to at least say they weren't shutout but the players wanted more. With the score 7-5 and a runner on third the reynolds batter looked a called third strike. could have really gotten interesting if Dana on third had scored.
    All in all a worthwhile trip. I got to see cometfan and hsfan and of course I rode down with fence. Nice facilities and great fans. :applause:

2. homerun

homerun Full Access Member

This was a good game with good pitching.
    Pierce gave up one hit to Kent and one only one other batter reached base on an error.
    Kohn walked to lead off the first took second on a ball past the catcher and took third on a bunt single by Gibson later scored on a ground out.

Benfield had another outstanding game at short and Gibson had an over the shoulder catch in deep center in the eighth.
    ACHS had seven hits with Gibson and Benfield getting 2 each and
    Johnson ,Pierce and Fox adding one each.
    Soph. Pierce got the win and Freshman Bendig the loss.

3. The "O"

The "O" Full Access Member

SEEEEEEEE....

playoff times and results for more on the AC Prov game! :xyzthumbs

4. Central Vikings

Central Vikings Member

I would say that a 7-0 lead and Allen with 15K's with 2 outs in 7th is good... Then 3 Errors let Reynolds score 5 runs... Say what you want... Central was in full control until 7th with 2 outs... Allen struck out the 1st 2 batters of the inning... I don't even remember Reynolds getting to 3rd base until 7th with 2 outs

5. CFBall

CFBall Senior Member

:thinking: why i stop at this post................great time of the year though

great 4A game in Alexander County......go lady cougars!

6. CometFan

CometFan Moderator

North Davidson hosts Charlotte Independence for a first round 4-A game Friday at 7 p.m.

7. reynoldsrocks23

reynoldsrocks23 1999,2002 4A State Champs

Bottom line is yes Central Cabarrus won 7-5, but the game isn't over until the last out in the 7th inning. Yes you were up 7-0, but until the last out is made the game isn't officially over. Give our girls a little credit for not quitting against a very good team. They could have folded when down 7-0 and two outs in the 7th, and 99% of the teams out there would have, I congratulate the Rockets on their will not to quit and still make this a close game. Ever heard the saying "it's not over till it's over" well it looks like the Rockets took that theory to heart, and now can say they have scored more runs on Central Cabarrus than ANY team in NC this year. Good luck to CC against Butler, we hope you continue on in the pursuit of the Championship.

8. Homer3

Homer3 Full Access Member

West Forsyth Defeats Northwest Guilford 5-0

Thursday afternoon visiting West Forsyth defeated our Lady Vikings from Northwest Guilford 5-0. The game was really not even that close as West probably left 7 or 8 runners on base. West's pitcher struck out 12 and and only allowed 2 weak hits. West had at least 8 hits and their catcher hit one of the hardest hit balls I have ever seen for a double. In my opinion, this West team is one of the sleeper teams no one is paying much attention to. Don't be surprised to see them in Raliegh.

9. 4bagger

4bagger Member

West Forsyth Advances To 3rd Round

West Forsyth advanced to the 3rd round of the state high school 4A playoffs Monday by defeating Durham Jordan 5-2. West Forsyth was led by the 10 strike out pitching of junior Mindy McKenzie and homeruns off the bats of junior shortstop Brittany Hill (2 for 4) and also freshman catcher Brittany McKenney (3 for 4). Junior Kaitlyn Wersing of West was 2 for 2 with 3 stolen bases. West Forsyth will next play the winner of the North Davidson at North Forsyth game.

10. CFBall

CFBall Senior Member

:applause:

knew they were a tuff bunch!!!!!! :banana:

good luck and keep us posted!

thanks for the report and sounds like the WF team really ripped the Ball!!!!