1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

state playoffs

Discussion in 'Football Forum' started by jmundy03, Nov 7, 2009.

1. Coachcre

Coachcre Full Access Member

They need to make like it used to be where 32 teams in each classification made it. Too many teams make it that shouldnt. Then you would have a legit state champion in each class.

2. Iron Man 8

Iron Man 8 Full Access Member

N.C.H.S.A.A. loves that almighty dollar too much to go back to the way it used to be.

3. Coachcre

Coachcre Full Access Member

Tommorow I might make a bracket based on how the old playoff system would be in each class.

4. jmundy03

jmundy03 Full Access Member

anyone know much about porter ridge ? and im still confused as to why reynolds got the 4 seed and ac got the 5

5. newcoach42

newcoach42 Full Access Member

That kinda confused me as well but oh well....As for PR I have heard they are alot like AC but I have heard that AC can beat them.

6. #52stillcouldbringit

#52stillcouldbringit Full Access Member

I beleive AC can go as far as they want.

I beleive AC can go as far in the state playoffs if they want. I would make two changes if i was in charge.
    #1 I would put Logan Chapman or Zack Bum at Corner. Preferably Logan since he has played DB before. He doesnt play full time on offense anyways so im not sure why he cant work in at any DB. Esepcially against rreally good wr's like #23 from HHS.
    #2 I would try a few plays outta the I formation and a few outta split back. You put them 2 boys in the backfield with Kinnard and their is 3 possibilties of whos getting the ball and they can't gameplan to stop one.
    Or from the I with Bradshaw at fullback. Kinnard could hand it to him or keep it an run the optioin with chapman. This would force 7-8 in the box and make the throwing lanes so much more open. Plus split backs could take the pressure off kinnard this week with his sore ankle. Im not saying we should change offense completely becasue we are 10-1 and our coaches know what their doing but i do beleive if we did these 2 things we could go as far as we wanted in the state playoffs.
    Logan Chapman and Kyle Bradshaw are hellacious players and if you force defense's to stop both of them, instead of just one at a time then that makes you twice as good. In my opinion.

7. RobAC65

RobAC65 By Grace Through Faith!!

Exactly like the 1st game of the year last year against North Gaston. They lined them both up beside Kinnaird and the defense didn't know which one was getting it or which way it was going. Like you said though the coaches know what they're doing and I believe they'll get some things together and continue like Harper says, "Doing what we do".

8. Shutout18

Shutout18 Full Access Member

IF AC gets out of 1st round they will more than ikely go to AC Renyolds then IF they get passed them they play the #1 seed in the west...Good luck...going to be hard

9. jmundy03

jmundy03 Full Access Member

im not giving ac a win friday night, much less a win in the next round. but if they take care of business friday, they'll more than likely go to ac reynolds. but dont count out mt. tabor against rj reynolds. rjr only beat them by 7 in the regular season. speaking from experience, its hard beating a good team twice. mt tabor could end up winning that game. IF alexander central plays their best friday night, then the winner of ac reynolds and ac could host mt tabor (if they beat rj reynolds) in the 3rd round.

10. NotSoFast

NotSoFast Full Access Member

Look, bottom line is....AC is a well coached, very good, fundamentally solid team....however past the 1st round of the playoffs, the other teams are going to be faster and more skilled at every position. While i think AC can win 2 games, the bottom line is just as they saw Friday night, there are teams that are 1) well coached 2) fundamentally solid. and 3) FAST....and that is what hurts AC....they are big, but they just are not very fast. I hope they prove me wrong, I never realized how fast HHS was until i actually saw video of what they were doing.