1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

State Softball Poll

Discussion in 'Softball Forum' started by one team one goal, Mar 24, 2003.

1. one team one goal

one team one goal Member

The first ever state softball poll will be released tonight on IHIGH.com. It will be updated each week and should be released on Monday nights until June. Of course each classification will have a poll and it will be determined by 8 coaches from each respective region of NC. Please spread the news because our girls deserve some notarity for all of their hard work and effort.

I'm going to start a thread for 2A schools to post their scores so the voters can stay informed of all the games around the state. Someone please do the same for each of the other 3 classifications.....

2. CFBall

CFBall Senior Member

Great idea and my understanding is the state coaches will also vote on All-State for the first time as well! Its about time and hope our hs softball coaches will contiune their push for our female athletes!:applause:

3. MDH iHigh

MDH iHigh Junior Member

Ok, the poll is out: http://northcarolina.ihigh.com/0,1673,1_7_2_72425,00.html

People have been after me for years to do a softball poll and the first one is finally out. I'm sure some of you might not like it but it will get better as time goes on.

And if you have some teams that should be in the poll, let me know and consider posting your schedule/scores on iHigh so voters will get to know more about your team. The voters - coaches and media - aren't psychic and should all be praised for helping me get this out.

To understand, I played HS softball in NC when it was totally ignored, when I had to make tapes with a school camcorder of my teammates to try to get them some college attention. So I genuinely care about this and the sport.

While I really appreciate the post here, if you can please still send us scores directly as well, it would help so much. I'll be posting a 'how they fared' update mid-week to help voters as well and I am loading in a pile of scores to start populating the conference standings.

We don't have a forums at ihigh, so I'm definitely happy to see people have somewhere like this to talk. Hopefully everyone can thrive together!

And FYI, if you don't already have a website please consider posting your softball stuff on your school's iHigh page. If you help there, you get a iHigh SID pass issued by the NCHSAA to get into all games for free, including playoffs and championships.

-michelle

4. CFBall

CFBall Senior Member

MDH iHigh

Michelle, thanks for all the help you have provided over the years to promote softball in NC. Indeed you have had alot of people on your back to get the Poll and hopefully other stuff(All-State Players)started! We truely appreciate the work and committment you exhibit and as you will see alot of this community will feed you alot of information, stats and SID to assist you! Thank You from WNC and beyond! I will talk with you soon and I too invite others to get the word out about your school to ihigh as soon as it comes available.......its soooo easy now!

5. MDH iHigh

MDH iHigh Junior Member

thanks CF. You know, we really need help with WNC scores. If you look at the update up now, the vast majority of schools with no update for this week are WNC - some may not have played but we need to know that too!

Folks, it only takes like 30 secs to email me with the date and score of a game :)

And anytime anyone can send me local scores from your area, that would be awesome.

FYI, we will run live brackets during the playoffs as well, so reporting scores is even more important then!

We'll have a prediction contest as well and the winners will get a pair of tickets to Carowinds.

-michelle

6. MDH iHigh

MDH iHigh Junior Member

I run a How they fared update on Sunday night to help voters track what's gone down each week. This one covers two weeks since only about 20% played the week before.

http://northcarolina.ihigh.com/0,1673,1_7_2_73794,00.html

And right now, we need updates for the past two weeks on:
    Pisgah
    West Henderson
    Enka
    North Buncombe
    Lake Norman
    East Rowan
    Owen
    West Stokes

Like i said above, even if they were idle/rained out, we need to know that too!

7. CFBall

CFBall Senior Member

MDH ihigh

The Thanks goes to you and your staff for what you have done for FP Softball thru the media outlet that you represent. I am sure you will get some great response from the WNC fans, coaches and players on Scores from around here!

Check your PM....mdh...when you get a chance!

To all WNC posters, do post all scores and do email ihigh.com with updates on your teams!

8. CFBall

CFBall Senior Member

mdh ihigh

Oh yeah, welcome to the softball forum and we hope you will contiune to view and interact with alot of informative and entertaining individuals, players, coaches and supporters of NC Softball. Plus as you stated earlier to the team reps in here, take 30 seconds to email MDH ihigh all your area scores and stories!

MdH.....it does not take long to browse this forum and view the "western view"! Thanks again!;)

9. CFBall

CFBall Senior Member

Check out the latest NC State Poll that came out tonite April 28! Some nice surprises and hope that Rosman/W Stokes area fans or friends OF can give ihigh.com some information, results and stats so we can get a better picture of the team! Stretch run now so its getting interesting!