1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

State Tournament

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Nitro, Jul 28, 2003.

1. Nitro

Nitro Junior Member

How about some info on all of the state tournament teams???? I would like to know about some of the matchups. Any information at all about the teams like north raleigh, snow hill..........

Last edited: Jul 28, 2003
  2. changeofpace

changeofpace Junior Member

N Raleigh is playing well right now......at the right time. they are made up of kids from Millbrook and WakeField high Schools in Raleigh. They were like the number 7 seed in the tournament. But to their credit they played better than anyone else. There were some really good teams in that league so to come out 1st is a big plus. ie...Wake Forest was the number 1 seed,(basically their High School team with good pitching(Emmert, Barham, Taylor and Dowdy). followed by Garner(with Hempy and Carver), then Apex, Fuquay Varina(with all their studs from High School), Orange(with Horton, hargrave, braxton etc...., Cary(was made up of Green Hope HS team, Cary, and Athens Drive players, then finally Chapel Hill(made of East Chapel Hill /Chapel Hill teams. With all that said Harry Jones(Coach) deserves alot of credit. I do not know their regular season record but it had to be close to .500. They certainly aren't as talented on paper as the teams above but thats why we play...Right?? I would consider them really young actually. Good luck to all.