1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Stirrups???

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Braves, Jul 24, 2008.

1. Plate Dad

Plate Dad It is what it is!!!!

I hate when you get them twisted. You get your spurs hung in the straps. Then the horse just goes a differant way than you want it to.

2. Red Death

Red Death Triangle Sr BR President

In my day, they had just started making the "garter" stirrips...one elastic band around the top and one band that ran down under your heel. You could stretch those so the top band was above your knee and you just had an inch-wide strip of color running down each side to your shoe.
    And, instead of the old pitcher toe, the brand new thing then was layer after layer of Shoe Goo. Worked like a charm for a pitcher toe. I still have my high school cleats (solid blue Nike) with the Shoe Goo still intact, although scraped and that lovely shade of red clay.

3. Double Dog Dare

Double Dog Dare Full Access Member

Great thread!

My mother was the genius of our Little League team. She cut my stirrups and sewed elastic in the bottoms so they would stretch as much as I wanted...started a trend. We'd pull them all the way up to our thighs and tape around them to keep them from coming down. We figured that was the way the RedSox must've done it, so that's what we did!

Did anyone else have the white PUMA spikes in high school? We used to get magic markers to color in the stripes to match our school colors.....pretty funny, as I look back on it.

And....Shoe-Goo???? That's priceless....I thought we were the only family that used it. My dad could solve most of the world's problems with a tube of Shoe-Goo....he was the "Goo-Master!"

4. coachevans26

coachevans26 Full Access Member

I remember a time when we had a player who had white elastic sewd into his stirrups. He pulled them up so far, all you could see was the white elastic. Man, I despised those things...I remember in MIddle school, we had yellow gold uniforms, yellow sanitary socks. man we all looked like banannas.To top it off, remember the Pittsburgh Pirates hats of the 70's, you konw the ones that looked like cheese boxes? Well we had white hats with blue horizontal stripes and a gold B... I remember them to this day...

5. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

This was before Coach Evans' pill box hats, but he and Coach May sure look spiffy sportin' their new uni's!

Attached Files:

• 8.jpg
      8.jpg
      File size:
      29.5 KB
      Views:
  6. EastOfRaleigh

EastOfRaleigh Full Access Member

high in back

almost forgot...........with stirrups one side was higher than the other and it was proper to have the high part in the back.

man, what we remember...........

7. Coach F3

Coach F3 Coach F3

White Pumas

ruled in the early 80's!

8. fcpirate

fcpirate Full Access Member

I had a pair - complete with shoe goo!

9. Double Dog Dare

Double Dog Dare Full Access Member

Those Puma's!

But, did you guys color in the white stripes with magic marker???

10. Coach 27

Coach 27 Full Access Member

Oh yes!

We had the white Pumas but we took a marker and make the stripes red! And yes the high side of the stirrups went in the back.