1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Summer and Fall Baseball Opportunities?

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Truthbetold, Apr 1, 2009.

1. Truthbetold

Truthbetold Member

Please help, Ive got a Coach's dillema for you all.

My players are in a lower socioeconomic area where travel baseball is not possible. I would love for them to play, but many parents have been laid off and even if they still have jobs, they don't have enough money to pay for travel expenses.

Also, legion is not a prime choice due to reasons I don't think are appropriate to share.

SO... bottom line is I am looking to find a league for my kids, rising sophomores-seniors, for this summer and fall. I think there are more opportunities in the fall, but last year, the league we joined just was not competitive enough.

If you have any suggestions, information, or contacts, please post. Maybe someone out there has found a way to play showcase ball and make it less expensive, or has some fundraiser idea that will knock it out of the park, so to speak.

Thanks

2. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

Need to know what area you are speaking of

3. Plate Dad

Plate Dad It is what it is!!!!

Maybe

Just a thought. Maybe if you contacted some of the showcase teams they might scrimmage for starts. It is getting to be where everything says showcase. If you are looking to get into some showcases with teams like the Dirtbags, Cubs, South Charlottle Panthers and the like. Very hard. Better have some big guns. But, no harm in asking. As far as fundraising. Do it if it makes money you will need every penny. If this are kids from the same high school maybe contact some HS coaches across the state and see if they want to play. Gas money, sandwiches, drinks and a few dollars for a field & umps. Play Ball!!!!!!!!

4. wild_pitch

wild_pitch Junior Member

5. Truthbetold

Truthbetold Member

We are outside of Charlotte to the North. We could play in Charlotte, Huntersville, Statesville, Winton-Salem, Hickory, Lincolnton, etc.

We have 6-7 players from my high school that would play, but could find plenty of players from nearby high schools that have a desire to play with little money.

I looked at the central carolina baseball club and that looks like exactly what I am looking for, but closer to my area. The developmental league we joined last fall had 8 teams of 8th and 9th graders, and 2 teams of sophomores and juniors. These kids are not showcase level, they would be in over their heads if I tried to make a showcase team, but I want to provide them with an opportunity to get better. My best 2 players play showcase, but the others can't do it financially.

I think if I could put together about 10-15 weekday scrimmages with showcase teams this summer, it would be very beneficial. If anyone has some contacts for me I would love to start making some calls. Maybe some teams that are still developing. We wouldnt get anything out of facing D-1 prospects. We would need to see 15-17 year old teams.

Thanks for the help of all who have posted.

6. shop24

shop24 Full Access Member

Davie county has a excellent fall baseball league they usally have around 12 teams in the league

7. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

What about the Metro League in Charlotte? This is a summer and fall league for HS's. If you have interest, let me know and I can turn you on to the contact person.

8. Truthbetold

Truthbetold Member

Any contact info for the Davie county league and for the Charlotte Metro League would be great. Thanks for taking the time to read the post and help me out!

9. LeftySlider

LeftySlider Full Access Member

Metro League

For the Charlotte Metro League, you can contact Core Athletics Training Facility out of Concord, specifically David Darwin at 704-786-2255 or email at [email protected]. Check out the web site at www.MyCoreAthletics.com and go to the teams page for their info.

The teams range from Charlotte, Huntersville, Concord, and Lincolnton. Last summer there were 14 teams.

10. frankfulton

frankfulton Banned From TBR

We have the answer for your team

We have the exact same situation in our area of Virginia/North Carolina and we have put together a plan that provides tournaments at college throughout the summer and fall. I also have many contacts and networking opportunities for the athletes who can play but are being left out because of funding.

Call after 6:00 pm on the weekdays and we will help you take care of your kids. 434 489 4544.

Frank