1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Summer Showcase Teams

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by gameday08, May 23, 2007.

1. Coach 27

Coach 27 Full Access Member

NCSU82

Thats a fine looking team. I heard that Bass boy could play a little! Good luck to you guys Im sure I will be seeing alot of you guys over the next few months.

2. ncsu82

ncsu82 Full Access Member

Thanks

Thanks coach. Looking forward to this summer. Heard alot of great things about this years team. Can't wait to kick back, spit a few seeds and watch'em go at it. Might even give the '08's a run for their money!:10_6_4:
    See ya in Boone.

3. Play Ball

Play Ball Full Access Member

Any reviews on the Heat or Copperheads programs? I hear the Copperheads have some fantastic up and coming teams, but don't know anything about their showcase programs.

4. coachevans26

coachevans26 Full Access Member

IF you go to www.ccprospects.net and click on the Copperhead logo, it will take you to the Copperhead Showcase teams headed up by Freddy Suggs. You will see quality rosters and can link to the summer schedule... Good players there, and a quality schedule.

5. Piratedad21

Piratedad21 Junior Member

I will go out on a limb and say that the 08 On Deck O's are as strong as any team out there this year...they have one of the best starting pitching staffs in the Southeast. Last year they shut down many 18u teams as rising JR's, and they do not hit the ball bad either! Can't wait to see them go to battle with the Dirtbag's, SC Panthers, and the Heat, among others. It should be a very interesting summer...and fall.

6. WYLIE00

WYLIE00 Junior Member

On Deck 08

I agree the On Deck 08s could be one of the best teams that On Deck has had. They will match up with any team in the S.E I watched them some last year and was very impressed. They have good team speed, power and are very solid defensively. The pitching staff will be as good as any, from what I have seen on thier website as well as from some coaches it consistes of:

Andrew Smith
    Tyler Pilkington
    Jordan Darnell
    Jake Buchanan
    Ryan Overcash
    Adam Waters
    Charlie McCreedy
    Hank Patterson

Last edited: Jun 1, 2007
  7. Indy 85

Indy 85 Full Access Member

Watauga Showcase Team

Since you guys are interested, I thought I would name the group of young men that Pete Hardee has put together from all over the county. They may not be household names now, but just wait. I may miss some.

1. #16 Ethan Moyer '08 SS/P
    2. #21 Baine Martin '09 LF
    3. #4 Jake Wallace '09 3rd/P
    4. #24 Trey Dunnigan '08 1st/P/DH
    5. #27 Adam Church '08 C
    6. #1 Ben Roberts '09 CF
    7. #15 Trey Lowder '09 RF
    8. #5 Daniel Baker '08 1st
    9. #20 Cal Hardee '10 2nd
    10. #13 Tyler Moore '08 P/OF
    11. #8 Phil Gordon '08 OF
    12. #9 Will Littlejohn '09 IF/P
    13. #26 Chris Shelton '09 IF
    14. #? Ian Stewart '10 IF
    15. #22 Austin Story '09 IF/P
    16. #30 Matt Phillips '09 1B
    17. #32 Kyle Miller '10 1B
    18. #36 Jon Sharpe '09 IF/P
    19. #40 Devon Corum '10 C
    20. #44 Eric Breitenstein '08 (I think he is playing)

They play the Dirt Bags at 8:30pm at ASU tonight.

8. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

I know a lot of those names. That sounds like a very good group of players...except that Emo guy...I heard he can't hit a lick :laugh4: Seriously, good luck tonight and tell Coach Hardee that Braves sez Hi

9. Piratedad21

Piratedad21 Junior Member

The only one of the guys mentioned that I do not believe is playing for the O's is Jake Buchanan...he was on the 07's and he is playing legion for Gaston County, and getting ready for the Wolfpack next year. The 08's also have a pretty solid supporting cast in addition to the awesome pitching staff. The middle infield consists of Adam Hill, (all CISAA), and Dylan Stewart, (all South Piedmont conference). Adam Waters, (all MECA-6) anchors the hot corner, and Tyler Pilkington, (all SW4A), and Jordan Darnell, (also all SW4A) will play first when they are not pitching. Frankie Torres, and Mike Tancini will split time catching, and the outfield is loaded as well...Christian Culicerto, Kyle Mastroainni, Kyle Stetson, and Tyler Pilkington should all see alot of playing time...batting order should be strong 1 thru 9 with lots of speed on the basepaths!

:clapclap:

10. baseballislife10

baseballislife10 Tiger Baseball Fan

Just to update a little... Eric is not playing... taking time to focus on football... Devon has been in and out... Church is a 09

Lineup tonight was

1 Baine Martin playing CF '09
    2 Cal Hardee playing 2b '10
    3 Ethan Moyer playing SS '08
    4 Jake Wallace playing 3b '09
    5 Kyle Miller DH '10
    6 Adam Church C '09
    7 Daniel Baker 1b '08
    8 Trey Lowder RF '09
    9 Phil Gordon LF '09
    Tyler Moore SP '08

Reserves:

Will Littlejohn '09
    Jon Sharpe '09
    Trey Dunnigan '08
    Ian Stewart '10
    Ben Roberts '09
    Chris Shelton '09
    Austin Story '09
    Matt Phillips '09
    Will Dicus '09

Final Score 9-3
    A couple of errors cost Watauga early... Dirtbags looked pretty impressive Hanover is very fast but Watauga didnt look bad for starting 5 rising juniors 2 rising sophomores and 2 rising seniors. Young team look out for them.

Tyler Moore pitched 7 and 1/3 with Jon Sharpe coming in to pitch the rest of the 8th and 9th. Tyler did a great job on the hill keepin their strong lineup off balance just fell behind in the count a little bit. Sharpe looked strong on the mound for his first outing. Watauga will play again tomorrow against the 16 and under dirtbags at Watauga at 12:30

Last edited: Jun 2, 2007