1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Summer Teams

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by 20TOO, Jan 8, 2004.

1. 20TOO

20TOO Junior Member

Can someone give me an idea of a summer team for a graduating HS student in western NC? Local legion team doesn't really seem to be an option. Are there some travel teams available? Player will be playing college ball this fall. Thanks for any help!

2. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

Yes.....we'll get Mudcat to reply to this. He is very plugged in to all the action in the NW

3. Mudcat

Mudcat gone

If you are looking to stay in the area the choices are slim. Most of the High Schools in WNC now have summer teams that pick up right where the HS season ends. They play each other (somewhere around 12 teams) and travel some on the weekends. A lot of the seniors continue to play for their HS teams til they go to college. Legion Ball is about the only other alternative. A few of the seniors, from what I understand, actually played on the Asheville Redbirds team in the Southern Collegiate League.

There is another team in the area, Asheville Braves, run by Dennis Rickman that plays CABA and NABF. Something new for them this year is MACBL, Mountain Atlantic Collegiate Baseball League. I have no info on this but the link to the Braves site is http://www.ashevillebraves.com/home.htm

If this doesn't help send me a PM and we can talk further.

Good Luck, Mudcat

Last edited: Jan 8, 2004
  4. 20TOO

20TOO Junior Member

Thanks for the info Mudcat...I will send you an email too. I probably need to say that we are in western NC but we are close to Charlotte and Winston-Salem and Greensboro. So if anybody knows of traveling teams from that area for a college bound player I would love to hear about them. All info is appreciated!