1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Suspended for being a good coach!!!

Discussion in 'Softball Forum' started by genuinepimpjuice, Apr 26, 2005.

Should Monte Sherrill have been suspended for 2 games???

1. Yes

41 vote(s)
    38.7%
  2. No

65 vote(s)
    61.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CCHSvikefan81

CCHSvikefan81 Full Access Member

We only had 10 players all of them played, and the JV was having a double header at home.

2. CATFISH

CATFISH Junior Member

Speedandstrength'

You are slowandweak with this comment. You gain respect with hard work and success. No one gives you respect for just showing up for anything. You must earn it. People like you will turn our kids into (you own me something for nothing) type of citizens. Your kid must have been the #2 or #3 pitcher on a team who blames the Coach for her lack of success.

3. CCFASTPITCH

CCFASTPITCH Central FASTPITCH

Looks as if they may resend the suspension due to false information from the West Charlotte side. From my understanding thr West Charlotte A.D. may be in a heap of trouble.....................

4. WMeckBaseball8

WMeckBaseball8 W. Meck Indian (Not Hawk)

I really don't have an opinion on this, beacause it's neither right or wrong. Central was playing the game, West Charlotte was not. I played baseball against West Charlotte last year, and the teams that they put together are horribly coached. They may have fun doing what they do, they may put their hearts into it, but you know what, if you want to win it begins with good coaching. With that being said, you would think the Central Cabbarrus J.V. team would have been out there to play that night, not the varsity team. Maybe this does infact have something to do with jealousy, and in that case it is wrong for anybody to say the CC coach is wrong for doing his job. As a baseball player I never found enjoyment out of beating the crap out of a team, but if my team was ever winning big I never wanted to get myself out on purpose just because the other team lacks talent. I'm going to play to the best of my ability every inning that I am stepping foot onto that field, point blank. It would honestly be hard to listen to my coach if he told me to get out on purpose, because I don't play the game to get out and have pity on any team that I play, I play the game to get hits, score runs, strike people out, steal bases, etc. If my team WAS getting beat bigtime by a team with the talent level of Central Cabbarus, I wouldn't want anybody to pity me. You learn from your mistakes, and getting beat bigtime is something you have to learn from. West Charlotte has had a horrible softball program for years, they should honeslty expect something like that to happen when Central comes to play.

5. cheeze105

cheeze105 Moderator Staff Member

I believe that every conference has a team like west charlotte. In our conference, we have a team that only fields 9 players, none I would venture to say, have even played rec. ball. they have no pitching, no basics, poor coaching. We score our 10 runs on mostly passed balls, walks, etc., because we cant hit what isnt anywhere near the plate, then we put the brakes on, pull our varsity pitcher, no stealing, only one base on a hit, and that really gets old for our players real fast. We try not to demoralize this team, but, we want to play, and we came to win. I'm not going to judge Mr. Sherrill because I wasn't there, maybe this team needs to be relocated in another conference much like the team in our conference is being relocated. 55 runs huh, thats a butt load of runs!!!??? I say play ball, quit wining,get better or go home! :imagestor

Last edited: Apr 26, 2005
  6. CCHSvikefan81

CCHSvikefan81 Full Access Member

Nice post Cheeze

7. Village Idiot

Village Idiot cloud of dust

that would rock

8. CFBall

CFBall Senior Member

it would rock in alot of ways

9. EnkaJet04

EnkaJet04 Full Access Member

Maybe Monte's got time to go fishing....Road Trip guys? :lolly:

10. oldbaseballjunkie37

oldbaseballjunkie37 Full Access Member

I don't understand how a coach can get suspended for playing the game. If running the score up is illegal then your taking away from the game. Getting the slaughter rule called on your team should stand for motivation to become better and not let that happen. Atleast make the team play the full 7 if they wanna win. West Charlotte cannot complain about the score getting run up in softball because in football and basketball they pour it on the opposing team. There must be bad blood between someone to try and have him suspended for playing the game. I think that it is teaching bad lessons to youth if playing your best means there is punishment behind it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.