1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Suspended for being a good coach!!!

Discussion in 'Softball Forum' started by genuinepimpjuice, Apr 26, 2005.

Should Monte Sherrill have been suspended for 2 games???

1. Yes

41 vote(s)
    38.7%
  2. No

65 vote(s)
    61.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CATFISH

CATFISH Junior Member

Fence,

You need to stick with Marching BAND or Cheerleading. You don't make a mockery of a game by standing on home plate to make an out.

2. cabump

cabump cabump

Obviously you have never coached. If you have you have never had a good team. Keep the WC players in the dugout, teach them the rules, teach and show them how to play and maybe they wouldn't get hurt/embarrassed. Someone asked about the score of other WC games. Hey WC can't even put nine girls on the field with matching uniforms. Looks like the AD isn't doing his job. But neither is the WC coach.

3. hispeed

hispeed Full Access Member

i hope that players from both schools don't frequent the same stores or nightlife activities. things like this always tend to spill over. (not just the game but all the press) don't matter what the sport is, these schools will have tension during game. that will probably end up on espn too.

4. Dawgfan

Dawgfan Full Access Member

Hispeed

The kids are much smarter then that. they have most likely already "let it go" and moved on to more important things...............Ummm, maybe a lesson in there for us adults???? :banginghe

5. EnkaJet04

EnkaJet04 Full Access Member

Easy Guys....You can voice your opinion on the suspension without getting too personal. I agree that Monte should not be suspended and I agree that the score was ridiculously high. I doubt if Monte had a very good time coaching that game and either finding a way to end the game whether its stepping on a plate or leaving base early is just another option. I had to do both one year during travel ball because the inning just would never end. The other team had a pitcher who couldn't throw strikes no matter what she did and her coach was calling pitches. We were getting nothing out of that game but bad habits to take with us to the next game. So, without having my players swing at bad pitches I admit that I had them step on the plate to get out of the inning and away from that game. I wasn't looking so much at the high score as I was trying to get out of a very non productive situation for both teams.
    I don't agree with Fence on the suspension but I do agree with him that maybe more could have been done to end the game sooner.
    :agreed:

6. CFBall

CFBall Senior Member

<period>

heard it was like a party and a ball game broke out @ West Charlotte

any explanation needed to those outside of the CMS district

7. CometFan

CometFan Moderator

My comment on this subject is.......................

A lot of things are better left unsaid!!

8. EnkaJet04

What?

9. Sftballmom

Sftballmom Junior Member

I agree with you. It is some of the adults that have no connection with either school that is blowing this way out of control.

10. EnkaJet04

Hard to tell sometimes who's connected with what school or at all. Every now and then people get passionate on TBR and say more than they intended. If something bothers you (people in general) or really irritates you then I always suggest the 24 hour rule before responding. Normally by then it doesn't even matter anymore. What happens most of the time on any thread is that we get off track on the subject matter. I admit I did by bringing up things I had done to get out of a game that was lopsided during travel ball. WHATS FUNNY IS THAT EVEN AS I AM WRITING THIS HIS SUSPENSION IS PROBABLY ALREADY OVER AND NO LONGER AN ISSUE.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.