1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

SW4A Action Live!

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by mincmi, Mar 5, 2009.

1. Mudcat

Mudcat gone

2. mincmi

mincmi Moderator

3. ChltBballfan

ChltBballfan Full Access Member

New Live Webcasts

Mincmi,
    You are the techno cat daddy. I love the new format. I wish you had minions to webcast all of the games in the thriving metropolis of the Queen City. Wait....... QC TBR fans contact your local businesses this may be a new enterprise. Create a new web site for Mincimi to live broadcast all of the Charlotte area games. Sponsors pay for the laptops. Volunteers make the games and record on the laptops. Local news papers can get info without relying on scorekeepers to call in info. Out of town fans and parents can keep up with games of interest. Wow sounds like a high school baseball utopia.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2009
  4. mincmi

mincmi Moderator

AK at Weddington

Should be a good one as AK and Weddington wrap up the first time around the loop, save the South Meck vs. Butler make-up game, schedule for after spring break, and the Myers Park/Weddington suspended game.

AK, 4-2 in the SW4A, is currently 2 ½ games behind league leader Providence as the Knights try to stay close for a second half run at the Panthers. Weddington is 2-3 and in a heated scrape in the middle of the pack. A win would lead frog the Warriors into a tie for fourth and, for the time being, in a playoff slot.

Strong winds blowing out tonight could lead to some serious fireworks with the big sticks that these clubs carry.

With warm, dry weather forecasted and only SW4A show in town, a large crowd should be expected. However, if you can not make the game, you can catch it here Live! on http://Southwestern4abaseball.com/Live.html

5. PlayLaughLive

PlayLaughLive Play the Game

Ardrey Kell 8 Weddington 0

From mincmi's webcast - (which is really cool if you have not checked it out ! )

Ardrey Kell ...1 1 0 1 0 0 5.....8 13 0
    Weddington ..0 0 0 0 0 0 0.....0 3 5

WP: Alex Baker - 7 innings, 0 runs, 3 hits allowed, 1 BB, 5 K's
    LP: Clay Tresher - 6 innings, 4 ER, 10 hits, 2 BB

AK: Alex Bartolomeo 2/5, Ryan Stetson 3/4 2 RBI's, Josh Case 2/3 1 RBI, Taylor Patterson 3/4 1 RBI
    W: Brad Collins 1/2 BB

Last edited: Apr 3, 2009
  6. Dawgswood

Dawgswood Full Access Member

Story of the game is Alex Baker on the hill. No doubt AK hit the ball hard all night long, but Mr. Baker was dominant with control of 3 pitches only allowing 1 walk. He has 3 quality outings in a row having been thrown in the fire against Myers Park and Providence in long relief and handling those "pressure cooker" situations very well. Looked very confident out there and look for him to be a big plus for AK in the 2nd half of the season.

One more thing..watching Ryan Stetson run the bases is worth the price of admission!

Last edited: Apr 4, 2009
  7. PlayLaughLive

PlayLaughLive Play the Game

Thanks Dawgswood - Add one More "Worth the Price of Admission"

I would add watching Jack Reinheimer take groundballs to the list of things worth the price of admission !

8. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

Wow, Coach Hignight wouldn't be happy to find out that poster is a player. I hope he doesn't ask me who it is...he's a bad reflection on a wonderfully coached team. It's the first time in 8 years that we have had any player in Charlotte to use TBR to bash a program, their parents and players.

That was classless and embarrassing to read....but excellent bulletin board material for Coach Bagwell

Last edited: Apr 7, 2009
  9. hititfar

hititfar Full Access Member

AK vs. Latin Jack Sink Tournament

Hoping to watch game on computer, is this available as I can not open up link?

10. mincmi

mincmi Moderator

I will have it up later this afternoon. Games will not be live until 4 pm. Sorry, but they are making work today instead of watching baseball. Can you believe that?