1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

SW4A All-Conference Team

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by 3StrikesYourOut, Jun 8, 2004.

1. NCBBallFan

NCBBallFan Retired ex-moderator

Sugarjet:

Generally the rules that the conference selects to follow will be modified every 4 years. This will be particularly true in the SW4A with 3 teams leaving it and 2 new teams entering it.

After next spring, the rules will change. The coaches and AD's will have the option of extending (or shrinking) the All-conference lists and adopt a philosophy to follow for the next 4 years.

2. throwtheheat

throwtheheat Full Access Member

SW4A All-Conf

Wow....what a list!! I think the coaches could easily put together 3 more lists from this conference. What is going to happen when the conference make-up changes in 2005?? How tough is that gonna be??

All these young men deserve this recognition for having a great season!!

What a great conference to be a part of. Not only can you see from the names on this list that there is some tremendous talent and some fine young men. You can also see how involved the parents and supporters want to be simply by reading the comments.

Congrats boys.....

3. adababy

adababy Junior Member

I know this is a late reply to the list for All-Conference, but I am going to post anyway. I feel that all the kids are deserving in making this list, but I would just like to know how J. Ratledge came to receive the POY position. What is the POY decision based on. I am not questioning his talent by any means, but I feel the same way DodgerBlues feels; :huh: What about his teammate Kyle Shelton and Kevin Dietrich of Providence? :huh:

I am not sure what Ratledges stats are, but I do know that alot of his wins as a pitcher were not against tough teams, which, yes it is a W, but the opponent should be taken into consideration. My point is that Kyle and Kevin had excellent, consistent, batting averages, as well as stolen bases etc. and Dietrich had the most homeruns out of any player that I saw. I feel that all three of these players are worthy, but overall, from a fans point of view, there should have been a different decision. Again, I am not taking anything away from Ratledge, so please dont take it that way.

If anyone has the correct stats on these three players, I would be interested in comparing.

Thanks-