1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

SW4A Predictions

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Dbacks20, Feb 10, 2007.

1. aguyyouknow

aguyyouknow Yogi Fan

The Impact of a Coach

It can't be overstated how important the coach is to a HS Baseball Team.

2. Dbacks20

Dbacks20 Moderator

Ardrey Kell

Got to watch the young Knights in a scrimmage yesterday against Central Cabarrus....Ardrey Kell is going to give most teams a run for their money. Coach Bagwell has his guys playing aggressively. They looked pretty good defensively and will move guys around the bases.

I'm going to catch their season opener Tuesday against Parkwood....I will come back with some names and stats.

Central Cabarrus hit the ball hard the first 3 innings and ran some decent looking arms out on the mound.

3. catcher10

catcher10 Full Access Member

SW4A Predictions Part II

I went back and read the posts in this thread and many of you made comments that were right on the money. Now that we've seen these teams for half a season, any changes? What is your head, heart, or gut telling you? Here's what I'm thinkin'.

1. Butler
    2. Providence
    3. Weddington
    4. Myers Park
    5. Ardrey Kell
    6. Independence
    7. South Meck
    8. East Meck

That's how they came out of the hat!

4. Dawgswood

Dawgswood Full Access Member

Not like you to go out on a limb like that my friend! Everybody needs to remember that PHS has played the entire season without their number 2 pitcher Spencer Hendel who will be back soon. Let's just say Butler and PHS will be neck and neck in the 2nd half. Just dont think Butler will win it outright.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2007
  5. PhillyDave

PhillyDave Senior Member

Interesting comments coming from the two of you Dawgswood and Catcher10.
    Considering the two of you see these teams each and every week, I still think the team to beat will be Providence. Not that Butler won't give them a run for their money, they are a damn good team. Regardless, it will be a fun run at the end of the season. South Meck won't be that low!

6. catcher10

catcher10 Full Access Member

Dawgswood

You mean I could be wrong?!?!? We both know that wouldn't be the first or last time. Notice I mentioned "What is your head, heart, or gut telling you?", my process was more in order of my heart, gut, and head. I had to put someone in first, heart said Butler. I agree with you that it will be neck and neck, should either team slip or lose focus for even one game the odds swing in the others favor. Good luck to all teams in the 2nd half, play well and stay healthy.

7. TMJ

TMJ Full Access Member

Providence is still the favorite for sure, but Butler is just quietly winning and seems to be getting stronger as well....The lefthander (Brandon Oatis I think) who had Tommy John surgery last year, pitched a whale of a game in the Championship Game against a good Ashley High team giving up only 3 hits...If he continues to strengthen, and with Andrew Smith, Matt Robinson, Jace Bollinger, and some other notables, it could be a interesting 2nd half....

To go 7-0 in this conference is quite a feat...It'll be a little harder the second half of the season I'm sure, but hats off to them.....

8. Dbacks20

Dbacks20 Moderator

I initially picked Providence and still feel they will win the title outright...I do believe Butler is going to give them a run for their money though.

The only other change I would make is to "flip flop" East and Kell.

9. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

I couldn't agree more

10. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

Weddington is hot...they are the team to watch the 2nd half, but AK will still be in the playoff contention til the last game