1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

SW4A Tournament

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by mincmi, May 7, 2009.

1. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

Be careful.......:REDanceBanana008:

to my softball friends---j/k

2. PlayLaughLive

PlayLaughLive Play the Game

I tried to get in quietly...

3. mincmi

mincmi Moderator

4. mincmi

mincmi Moderator

Myers Park 2, Ardrey Kell 0

Robert Balsey give up lead off hit and throws blanks the rest of the way.

5. ScreamingEagle

ScreamingEagle Junior Member

Myers Park 2 Ardrey Kell 0

Robert Balsley gives up a single to the first batter of the game, then no hits AK the rest of the way to put Myers Park in the championship game tomorrow night. AK managed only one flyout and one walk, as Balsley struck out five. Ashton Lover pitched well for AK, giving up only five hits and walking none. MP runs were knocked in by Andy Wilson and Brent George.

6. mincmi

mincmi Moderator

Shake up the 4A West Bracket

Butler 4, Providence 0

Matt Varnadoe throws 1 hitter. Tommy Hibbard with RBI single to right in the 7th, followed by a bases loaded clearing double from Tyler Tewell.

Fourth one hitter of the tournament.

Myers Park vs Butler tomorrow for the SW4A Tournament Title and the number two seed in the tournament.

Ardrey Kell falls to three seed.

Loser of MP/B game stays at four. Providence stays number one.

7. baseballx3

baseballx3 Full Access Member

Butler 4 Providence 0

in case you were not there or watching the feed. Matt Varnadoe 1 hits Providence.

Tyler Tewell with a 3 rbi double in the top of the 7th. Tommy Hibbard and Varnadoe both with 2 hits each.

Wasn't there, but boy do I wish I was. Congrats to Butler and MP.

8. baseballx3

baseballx3 Full Access Member

Thanks for the live feed....almost felt like I was there. two wonderfully pitched games by the sounds of it.

9. WCLion

WCLion Full Access Member

Butler v Providence

Great performance by Butler, especially the key hits in the 7th. Varnadoe was masterful on the mound and got it things started in the 7th with a lead-off double. Great game (as was the MP vs. AK game that opened things off).

Best part of it all was watching two of the best players in the state make huge plays in the deciding 7th inning. With bases loaded, the score 0-0, and nobody out a swinging bunt was hit down the 3d base line. Shaffer gloved the ball on a dead sprint. The runner is also flying down the line, so there's no way he's gonna get him out. Shaffer then proceeds to shovel the ball straight from his glove to the catcher, making the spectacular out at home. It was unbelievable. While the crowd went absolutely nuts, I glanced over at Tewell, who was getting ready to step into the on deck circle. To say he looked determined might be the biggest understatement I've ever made. 2 minutes later he hit an absolute bomb to dead center field. Only at MP, with its 400 ft fence in center, does that ball not go out. It traveled 399 feet, hit the base of the wall, and cleared the bases. Nothing better than clutch plays by clutch players at clutch times. The level of baseball played in this conference never ceases to amaze me.

10. catcher10

catcher10 Full Access Member

Shaffer's was the absolute best defensive play I have seen all year!