1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

SW4A Week #3 March 16

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by PhillyDave, Mar 16, 2009.

1. southmecker

southmecker Full Access Member

Best Catcher

"- Deuce Wright is the BEST 2010 catcher in the state---and has a bat to match. He will probably wait to decide where he is going by this summer, but if a school is in need of a catcher for 2010, you better contact quickly because he is receiving a lot of attention. "

Wow, Deuce has done a nice job at South and with Holberton at Myers Park, Charlotte has two of the best in the state

I haven't seen kids outside of Charlotte, it looks like a great group of 2010 catchers.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2009
  2. clarence1

clarence1 Full Access Member

Kell over Independence

Kell beat Independence 10-0 in 5. Ashton Lover started for Kell, Nick Forst finished up. Stetson, Reinheimer, Shelton, Case, had good nights at the plate. Kell recieved help on a few errors by Indpendence.

3. southmecker

southmecker Full Access Member

2010 Catchers

Braves, I hope the last post didn't come off as being negative towards Deuce or anyone else. that was not the intent. Looks like a really good group of 2010 catchers in the Charlotte area. Good luck to base stealers

Wright at South Meck
    Hagg at Marvin Ridge
    Ide at Country Day
    Holberton at Myers Park
    Zebidas at Southpointe
    Boykin at Nation Ford
    Vendetti at North Meck

I think these guys are all 2010's

4. Dawgcatcherfive

Dawgcatcherfive Full Access Member

2010 Catchers

A lot of good catchers in the area, but Holberton has developed as the best. Haven't seen a complete high school catcher regardless of what age compare to him in a long time.

5. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

No... more than anything, I'm glad that we are having a discussion about this. TBR started out as a Charlotte board and I'm a little disappointed that we don't have much more participation from the Charlotte people than we do. We have a lot of people that "read' the board, but do not post and that gets a little frustrating. So I'm very happy to see your participation.

I rarely have read anything about Deuce Wright on here (for that matter, anybody from South Meck) and I believe he deserves the attention. I may have misspoke on his being the "best", but in my opinion, he is one of them. And that is not disparaging anyone else, especially Holberton. He is clearly a phenomenal player and MP and SCP are lucky to have him. In fact, he is one that I would love to interview for TBR.

But if it takes me to "hype" a player to get others to respond...hey, let me tell you about_______! :pokestick:

The only thing I don't want to see happen is someone gets upset that a name is mentioned and not another player that deserves the attention. If a person feels someone does not get the attention he deserves---simple, bring his name up and discuss him. That's what we want to happen.

Keep this in mind: HS baseball does not get much media attention, so if a kid gets mentioned on here, his parents and his family appreciate there is a place they can come where their son is mentioned in a positive way...and as parents, isn't that what we want?

6. mincmi

mincmi Moderator

East/Weddington

Excellent see saw game at Dave Jones Field last night.

Both teams were after it and made plays to give their team a chance to win.

East jumped out with a run in the first when lead off hitter Leighton Daniels scorched a gapper and brother David followed with a smash to third. Only a good play by Clay Tresher at third on Daniels ball kept the Eagles in check in the first inning.

Weddington evened it up in the second when Anthony Boone tattooed the new fence in center and later scored on a FC.

Warriors took advantage of a couple of Eagle miscues in the fourth to take a 3-1 leaded before East bounce back with four consecutive hits, including a pair from the Daniels, in the fifth to knot the score at three.

Weddington loaded the bases with out outs in the seventh. Olin Little relieved for the Eagles and striking out the first to batters he faced and was 0-2 on Clay Tresher before Tresher drilled a gapper that score two.

Wes Carlisle’s second of three doubles brought East back to within one. Nick Harding’s two out single up the middle sent the game to extra innings.

Carlisle started the bottom of the ninth with another gapper, moved to third on a GO. After two intentional walks to load the bases, Ricky Marvin produced the game winner.

Eagles Ryan Robinette did an great job keeping East in the games with 2 2/3 innings of middle relief. He did not give up an earned run and if Olin does not miss his spot on the 0-2 pitch he would have thrown up a goose egg against and excellent hitting Weddington club.

Warrior starter Danny Yelverton pictched a strong game before running out of gas in the fifth. He immediately left the mound and moved to center were he hosed an East runner by three steps at the plate.

Eagles leading in the suspended game against South are in excellent shape to be in the upper division of the league at the mid way point.

7. mincmi

mincmi Moderator

Need you to post for your team win or lose. Often times the opponent's poster may not know a player's name, especially with the league full of talented new comers. You always notice your own teams accomplishments more than the opponents, even if it is a good hustle play, or a late inning defensive change that is key.

Not seeing many post from Providence and Independence. How about someone stepping up from these schools to be regular contributers, at least during the season.

Missing some old TBR regulars from the SW4A too. Hope to see you back soon.

8. PhillyDave

PhillyDave Senior Member

Providence 5 South Meck 1

Kurt Semeniuk (2010) had a heck of a game for the Panthers has he had them checked for the 5+ innings he threw. SM had their chances but unfortunately their miscues in the field lead to runs that SM couldn't overcome. Spencer Shuey of SM and Brett Austin of Providence each had two hits for the evening.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2009
  9. catcher10

catcher10 Full Access Member

Myers Park 6 Butler 4

Butler 3001000 - 4 8 3
    MP 0050010 - 6 7 1

Balsley was the winning pitcher for MP and McMahon took the loss for Butler. Butler hit the ball well, but MP was very good defensively and made several exceptional plays that could have changed the outcome of the game. MP batters came alive in the third when McMahon may have been left in too long. McWhirter and Mas pitched well for Butler allowing only one unearned run after the third. The return of Fincher later this week should help improve Butler's defense/offense.
    B: Anderson 1-3 (HR), Tewell 2-4 RBI, Gehringer 1-3 RBI
    MP: Morrill 1-3 2RBI, George 2-3 2run 2RBI, Wilson 1-3 RBI

Last edited: Mar 21, 2009
  10. PhillyDave

PhillyDave Senior Member

Welcome Back Catcher10!