1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

SW4A Week #3 March 16

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by PhillyDave, Mar 16, 2009.

1. PLOWBOY

PLOWBOY Member

just to be clear

"Southmecker" is not a member of the South Mecklenburg Baseball family, however, we wish his son and all the 2010 class all the best this year.

2. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

PLOWBOY--Where have you been? We've missed ya!

3. PLOWBOY

PLOWBOY Member

work, man, work. now the season has started work can wait!!!!!
    it's good to be back.

4. Dawgswood

Dawgswood Full Access Member

Outstanding player but if your not taking age into account Tyler Tewell wins that battle hands down.

5. cleanuppower

cleanuppower Junior Member

Best 2010 Catchers

Long time viewer, first time poster.

Thought I would do some research on this debate and share my results.

PGCrosschecker.com, a division of Perfect Game USA and one of the nations most respected and trusted scouting services on amateur baseball, recently released their state by state rankings. For North Carolina there was only 24 players ranked.

On this list there was ONLY TWO CATCHERS. MATT ROBERTS was the first catcher and DEUCE WRIGHT was the second. Once again they were the only catchers ranked in NC, they are also both ranked in the top 500 nationally. The other catchers listed above are in PG Crosschecker's data base but are not ranked.

As for Matt and Deuce I do not know them personally but I have seen both of them play during the summer and fall. I thought it was interesting how similar these two are. They are both about the same height (Roberts is slightly taller), both are switch hitters, both have absolute cannons for right arms, and they both play for nationally ranked summer travel teams. Roberts plays with the Dirtbags who are ranked 6th nationally, and Wright plays with the Georgia Roadrunners (18u) who are ranked 16th nationally. But what sticks out most to me is how well these two can swing the WOOD.

I would like to wish the best of luck to both Matt and Deuce in their upcoming seasons. And I would also like to wish the best of luck to all the hs players this year.

6. southmecker

southmecker Full Access Member

Perfect Game Preseason underclassmen Teams

Congrats to several local players for making the Perfect Game Honorable Mention All America Team-2010 players

Caleb Cunningham and Deuce Wright at South Meck
    Grant Fisher and Brian Holberton at Myers Park
    Keith Prowse and Hunter May at Hopewell
    Jake Watson at Charlotte Christian

( I hope I didn't miss any) there were some 2011's maybe for a different post)

Both North and South Carolina were well represented

Congrats to all the players and good luck

http://www.perfectgame.org/stories/09_03_20_underclass_all_american/index.aspx