1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

TBR college recruiters?????

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Braves, Jun 16, 2005.

1. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

Okay guys....July 1st is around the corner. If you were a recruiter, who would you being going after and why? There are some obvious names and it's fine to post them, but I'm most interested in the player that has gone unnoticed in statewide recognition.

Keep this in mind; there are many college coaches that read this forum everyday. They may have heard of a player, but may not know the specifics of his talents. Let's help them and the players deserving of their attention. I'll start off with one name:

- Matt Andress, P, South Mecklenburg 6'4" 200 lbs.

Matt throws gas 87-88 and has reached 90. Big, strong kid who will only get better. Threw mostly in relief last year, but has the arm to be a starter. 12-6 curveball that buckles knees. Has pitched in intense games...respects the game and works out hard. Matt is playing with the 17-U On Deck O's.

This is a great opportunity to list names of kids that don't get the recognition they deserve. Alriiiiight....who's next?

2. Intimidator Coach

Intimidator Coach Premium Member

Does Braves still have any eligibility left ??? :ylsuper:

3. 12to6

12to6 Full Access Member

Charlotte Christian has a handful of outstanding '06's that don't get much recognition. Names like Charles Bradley, the Fulginiti twins, Mason McVerry, and Bryant Gaines don't get the pub. like my ole buddy J Bard. haha. But one guy that really comes to mind is...

Tyler Kirkpatrick, this kid can play, he made state games and was all-state. He has pop off his bat and gap-to-gap power. he has made some jaw-dropping defensive plays over at 2B. He plays for 17u On Deck and will return to Christian next year for his senior year.

4. Coach May

Coach May Full Access Member

Logan Issacs

Logan is an 06 he plays at Wakefield HS. Logan is playing on the Carolina Cubs showcase team this summer. Logan plays 2b and OF and hits from the leftside. He is a member of Region 3 State Games team this year. I have seen him play several times this summer and this kid can flat out play. He has good speed and can flat out hit. His hands are very good and his instincts are outstanding. He plays very hard and is a great young man. Someone is going to get an outstanding player when they sign this young man. With all the talent in the 05 class at Wakefield I think he has been overlooked by many. This kid is a player.

5. Mudcat

Mudcat gone

Don't know about Braves, but I am good for at least 15 pitches a game. Well 10 anyway.

6. baseballfan18

baseballfan18 stat keeper

Timmy King, Piedmont, ALL STATE pitcher, SPC Conference MVP, SPC ALL Conf., pitcher for state games at NC State this past weekend. I think his curveball might be the best curveball in the area, or across the state- that's my opinon, if anybody else has seen it- post your thoughts as well. A mid 80's fastball, that has been clock as high as 89 in October of 2004. These 3a boys don't get much recognition as those 4a charlotte boys, I think there should be some scrimmages between the two so things will settle out a little more. A change up that Timmy has is absolutely disgusting, and from what I hear- he has just learned it recently, if his change up is that good already, I'll hate to see if it's as impressive as his curveball and he can utilize that pitch..remember he was 11-0, with a .49 era, and 137 strikeouts..

7. Dbacks20

Dbacks20 Moderator

Timmy is a great kid....I coached him from age 10 to age 15...the thing I love about TK is he is a "Bull Dog" on the field with "fire in his belly".

I saw him this weekend and his fastball was 81 - 83 and pretty flat, his curve ball is still nasty...I'm not sure if the strikeouts and ERA would hold up in the 4A conferences as he gave up 2 dingers in Sunday's game with that fastball. Being a right handed pitcher he is going to have to pick up some velocity to be consistent at the next level (IMO)...if anybody can pull it off it will be Timmy.

8. baseballfan18

baseballfan18 stat keeper

Yeah, I saw his velocity wasn't as great, but the first hr given up was to DH Conley, Alex White- who is a baller, and the second guy from JH Rose hit an outside change-up that floated over the fences

9. catchit

catchit Junior Member

catchers

Region 8 had a awesome catcher from w.henderson Jason Merrill good movement behind the plate watched him in the game on Thur shot one at 1st and two at 2nd and went 4/4 at the plate 3 hits w/2 strikes. :woot:

10. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

good job...keep this going.

It's hard to believe that every kid is being heavily recruited...forget those mailings you receive from the schools, many of those letters are from a list gathered from a tournament. This is a great opportunity to promote a player deserving of attention from the colleges.